• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you have spent on a single modern comic...

44 posts in this topic

Wasn't the "free" version placed in the Baltimore Sun newspaper for their subscribers? I seem to remember Marvel cutting a special deal for an exclusive print run for someone who wanted to place them in newspapers.

Regards

Christopher H

I'm pretty sure that is Mark Nathan. He puts on the B-more show, and runs the best comic shop in MD. I think that Donut told the B-more Sun story here one time, that the FF in the paper was a con-promo, but I cannot recall the details.

I'm pretty sure that is Mark Nathan. He puts on the B-more show, and runs the best comic shop in MD. I think that Donut told the B-more Sun story here one time, that the FF in the paper was a con-promo, but I cannot recall the details.

That is accurate. The FF in the Baltimore Sun was a special print run promoting the 2002 Baltimore Comicon. BTW, if you'd like to get a copy of the FF 60, let me know.