• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel - 2013

52 posts in this topic

I think angst can work for the character. What Hollywood seems unable to embrace, at least lately, is that it would be OK to actually have some action in the movies. I think a decent screenwriter (familiar with the comics) could knock out a Parasite/Brainiac screenplay in about 10 days that would be the best Superman movie since Superman II.

Parasite is created in some accident and is sapping the energy grid - causes blackouts and whatnot. Superman kicks his butt, but Brainiac watching from space figures out how to reconfigure the Parasite to sap Superman's energy instead of electrical energy. Parasite kicks Supes' butt. Brainiac tries to take over the world. Supes comes back and wins. He also bones Lois a couple times.

© SHH December 30, 2011

:popcorn:

You know that plot summary is tight. That's why I copyrighted it. If Jeff goes out and bangs out a -script, he will owe me some sweet bread.

Can't he just leave out the "bones Lois a few times" and call it an original?

Reads to me like it's going to follow the Smallville formula. I think that's a good thing. The first few seasons of that show were outstanding.

I agree, although the formula was made more popular by Marvel's characters. With a good balance of trying to make a Golden Age hero relevant in today's times while acknowledging the character's heritage may provide the key to success here. There has to be a struggle here outside of simply "bad guys"--that plot worked in 1930, doesn't work today. Sorry.

So the noir, gritty take on Batman from the 1930's doesn't work either?

Tell that to Nolan...

Point being, if you frame it correctly the blue boy scout can be relevant today. You focus on sacrifice and the caring nature of a supreme being (ala the Christ comparison) taking care of us poor mortal while at the same time living as one of them.

Why would a person need a clue to the fact that someone doing the stuff you say they are doing is not being bullied.

They likely might need a clue that the recipient of the stuff you say they are doing is not being bullied.

This is all detracting from my sweet plot synopsis. So stop bullying me with your intransigence.

I swore after the last one I wouldn't go see another Superman movie unless they used Bizarro. Now THAT I'd go see.

But I kinda like Sean's idea. Parasite's a worthy foe and looks cool, and Brainiac is much smarter than Luthor and also looks cool.

The whole Superman mythos after the origin is kinda boring so they need to give him some badazz vilians (e.g. Supes II).

Warning: The following clip has naughty words in it: