• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel's first female

42 posts in this topic

I don;t get it Blowout. In the preview it works fine. Then it comes up as the URL mess.

::edit from here::

So I find the url on these boards - I copt it and then choose URL - paste it in the box. Then name it. And it comes up like this drek. What am I doing wrong? ESPECIALLY because it works in Preview Mode?

You are missing a comma on the first URL tag...

Then it is a bug in the software! As I said in my edit - I am just using the interface on these boards - it is easy to do a search, copy the URL, paste it in the first box, add a bit of verbage to the 2nd box, and click OK. So why does it preview fine and then post like this?

Miss Fury (1942-1946) would be the earliest Timely title named after the costumed heroine who appeared in it, but as they were newspaper reprints, I don't know that she would count as a Timely/Marvel character.

Miss Fury (1942-1946) would be the earliest Timely title named after the costumed heroine who appeared in it, but as they were newspaper reprints, I don't know that she would count as a Timely/Marvel character.

Well Miss Fury was 1946 but I cannot find a "Marvel" logo on any of them. Both Blonde Phantom and Venus did carry the Marvel Logo - just trying to keep true to the topic! grin.gif

Whoever it was, what took Marvel so long? confused-smiley-013.gif

Male staff! OK - hold a sec..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This reminds me of a thread long ago where I recall saying, regarding Dark Mansion Of Forbidden Love

Boy? Girl?

Change the first = to a ] (right after "[url") and it should work.

Whoever it was, what took Marvel so long? confused-smiley-013.gif

Male staff! OK - hold a sec..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This reminds me of a thread long ago where I recall saying, regarding Dark Mansion Of Forbidden Love

Boy? Girl?

Change the first = to a ] (right after "[url") and it should work.

OK but you know? The software should DO it! I mean - I DID follow the rules! Think of a world where you get penalized for following the RULES! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused.gif893whatthe.gif

Oh - and whatever happens - below is, to quote the last line of Rappacini's Daughter: "Rappacini! Rappacini! Is THIS the upshot of your experiment?"

Boy?Girl?]http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=bronze&Number=161343&Forum=c5&Words="dark%20mansion"&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=161065&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=878&daterange=1&newerval=2&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post161343]Boy?Girl?[/url]

As Greggy pointed out, you are missing a couple brackets. You fixed the one after the first url command. However you forgot the one before the http.

Thanks Greggy! My real concern is that I selected my own post which read "I voted for Dark Mansion as well. I think the woman on the cover is hotter than Punisher!" - which was a retort to some of the guys here who wee going for male superheores, which I couldn;t wuite understand. while ignoring HER!

BUT - even your post brought me to the start of the thread. It is VERY frustrating to do a Search here and fond the particular post of relevance and then find it previews properly and posts totally *&(*(*&*((&*.

Have sent a PM and an example to Arch. Hopefully some light will be shed!

(Thanks again)

Well Miss Fury was 1946 but I cannot find a "Marvel" logo on any of them. Both Blonde Phantom and Venus did carry the Marvel Logo - just trying to keep true to the topic! grin.gif

Miss Fury was printed before Marvel. If you look in Overstreet Blonde Phantom is listed as "Marvel" so technically Blonde Phantom is the first Marvel female with her own title, but only because Miss Fury predates it as a "Timely" title.

Timely~West

Miss Fury was printed before Marvel. If you look in Overstreet Blonde Phantom is listed as "Marvel" so technically Blonde Phantom is the first Marvel female with her own title, but only because Miss Fury predates it as a "Timely" title.

That jives. smile.gif

If you're talking a/b Marvel as we know it now (post FF 1) it would have to be The Cat (Nov '72) followed by Shanna the She Devil (Dec '72).

Yep, but do I get no support for the possibility of this:

03138580250.1.gif