• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Texas Comic Con 2012

125 posts in this topic

Anyone going to the Dallas Texas Comic Con in May?

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/dcc.html

I'm all signed up to attend this years Dallas Comic Con in person and was also wondering if the CGC will be there at this event or certified CGC witnesses? I haven't been to a convention in years and would like to get some books signed.

Thanks,

Looks like Stan Lee is on the Guest list. So one could assume DWC will be there as well to accept CGC Sig books.

Yuppers,

Stan Lee should be enough for the CGC but they also have Adam West and Patrick Stewart.

So what is a good number of books to have signed by each person and how hard is it to get a book signed by two different? I wouldn't mind a couple X-men signed by both Stan Lee and Patrick Stewart.

Looks like Stan Lee is on the Guest list. So one could assume DWC will be there as well to accept CGC Sig books.

Yuppers,

Stan Lee should be enough for the CGC but they also have Adam West and Patrick Stewart.

So what is a good number of books to have signed by each person and how hard is it to get a book signed by two different? I wouldn't mind a couple X-men signed by both Stan Lee and Patrick Stewart.

If you buy tickets from DWC's website before the Con they are normally $50.00 or $55.00 for Stan Lee; however if you wait and get a ticket at the Con its usually more expensive, like $100.00. Patrick Stewart is normally $65.00. Adam West is $50.00 and Burt Ward - Robin is $30.00 or $40.00 I have seen both.

It's not hard to get 2 different Sigs on 1 book, just have to spend the extra money to make it happen. The number of books to be signed is up to you ant the money you have in your wallet. :)

Yuppers,

If you buy tickets from DWC's website before the Con they are normally $50.00 or $55.00 for Stan Lee; however if you wait and get a ticket at the Con its usually more expensive, like $100.00. Patrick Stewart is normally $65.00. Adam West is $50.00 and Burt Ward - Robin is $30.00 or $40.00 I have seen both.

It's not hard to get 2 different Sigs on 1 book, just have to spend the extra money to make it happen. The number of books to be signed is up to you ant the money you have in your wallet. :)

Thanks,

So what do you get with VIP tickets?

Vip tickets normally will get you a grab bag of books only avl at the Con. Some times the VIP tickets will allow you to jump to the front of the Sig &/or Photo opp lines; less waiting is always nice :)

And sometimes there are Stan Lee VIP tickets that allow you to meet with Stan in a small group for a Q&A.

I'll try and attend this one, at least for 1 day. Haven't looked at the guest list for this year but last year was worth going to for a day. We've got relatives in Dallas, so babysitting and a place to stay is pretty easy.

Vip tickets normally will get you a grab bag of books only avl at the Con. Some times the VIP tickets will allow you to jump to the front of the Sig &/or Photo opp lines; less waiting is always nice :)

And sometimes there are Stan Lee VIP tickets that allow you to meet with Stan in a small group for a Q&A.

Ok, we ordered VIP tickets and waiting to see what they offer on signing tickets...nothing posted yet.

I'll try and attend this one, at least for 1 day. Haven't looked at the guest list for this year but last year was worth going to for a day. We've got relatives in Dallas, so babysitting and a place to stay is pretty easy.

Cool, maybe we have a boardie group meet.

We keep an apartment in Dallas so room and board isn't an issue for us.

Yep, last year at Dallas the VIP people got to line jump. Awfully nice if you are a VIP holder but really annoying if they jump ahead into a line you've been standing in for an hour. :censored: This year I am going with VIP depending on the extra cost. If you're planning to get several books signed by big guests (like Stan or Romita Jr last year) it would be worth the extra cost.

Last year we stayed at the La Quinta in Las Colinas. It was nice, inexpensive, and best of all has a free courtesy shuttle to take you back and forth to the con. The parking at the convention center was :censored: horrendous last year, so the shuttle alone makes this worth the price.

La Quinta

I'll wait until they announce the guest list to decide. Last year Amanda Conner's line was pretty much done by the time non-vip's were let in. I was in a good spot in line and walked straight to her table only to find her line already capped.

Luckily I caught up with her at SDCC (finally!).

VIP will be worth it if they get one or two big name creators and not much else and you really want to get a signature or sketch from those creators.

Otherwise I don't think VIP is worth it.

Yep, last year at Dallas the VIP people got to line jump. Awfully nice if you are a VIP holder but really annoying if they jump ahead into a line you've been standing in for an hour. :censored: This year I am going with VIP depending on the extra cost. If you're planning to get several books signed by big guests (like Stan or Romita Jr last year) it would be worth the extra cost.

I ordered our VIP's from the Pix for 75.00 each. They haven't posted the signature ticket prices yet.

I'm planing on a couple for both Stan Lee and Patrick Stewart. I haven't figured the covers out yet, maybe get some sketch covers done up just for them but not sure yet.

So does anyone know if the CGC is going to make the trip?

DWC will be at the Dallas Comic Con and will be the Official CGC Facilitator for the Stan Lee signing. We will also be accepting and handling all Signature Series submissions for the other creators at the show as well.

So how does this work?

DWC will be at the Dallas Comic Con and will be the Official CGC Facilitator for the Stan Lee signing. We will also be accepting and handling all Signature Series submissions for the other creators at the show as well.

So how does this work?

Can you be a little more specific in your question? (shrug)

So how does this work?

Do we come see you before I stand inline for autographs or go straight to the line?

Is the CGC paying you to facilitate or do we pay a fee for you to facilitate?

I'm guessing you will submit our books for us?

So how does this work?

Do we come see you before I stand inline for autographs or go straight to the line?

DWC helped me out with SS at last year's Dallas show, so I can let you know how that went.

Yes, you go to the DWC booth before you get an autograph so you can have a witness with you to see the signature. The witness has to be present when the book is signed. If you get a sketch the witness just has to be there for the sketch pickup from the artist. For Stan Lee DWC was set up right at the end of his line, so you just walked up to their table with any Stan books and filled out the paperwork.

Yes, DWC submits the books for you under their account.

If I remember correctly DWC took like a $5 fee to facilitate non-Stan signatures, and they will be getting a cut of whatever tickets they sell for signatures. The $5 fee seems to be pretty standard for other facilitators I have worked with.

So how does this work?

DWC helped me out with SS at last year's Dallas show, so I can let you know how that went.

Yes, you go to the DWC booth before you get an autograph so you can have a witness with you to see the signature. The witness has to be present when the book is signed. If you get a sketch the witness just has to be there for the sketch pickup from the artist. For Stan Lee DWC was set up right at the end of his line, so you just walked up to their table with any Stan books and filled out the paperwork.

Yes, DWC submits the books for you under their account.

If I remember correctly DWC took like a $5 fee to facilitate non-Stan signatures, and they will be getting a cut of whatever tickets they sell for signatures. The $5 fee seems to be pretty standard for other facilitators I have worked with.

Hey thanks!

My plans is to get Stan Lee and Patrick Stewart's signatures. Do you or DWC know when they will announce the tickets for signatures?