• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Texas Comic Con 2012

125 posts in this topic

Shark, yes they have a shuttle (my brother "mysterio" and I stayed there last year too). In addition to the good continental breakfast. All you have to do is call to the front desk and let them know when you would like to leave and where you are going. It beat waiting in the parking line last year, we just parked at the hotel and they dropped us at the front door. It was sweet!

Yep, it worked out super well. Parking at the convention center was a nightmare, so it was wonderful to be picked up and dropped off for free.

Parking was actually not a problem for me last year. I drove to the convention center parking garage about 9:30 AM each day (doors open at 11:00 AM) and drove right on in. But I will definitely utilize the shuttle service this year. Still not sure if I'll drive down from OKC on Friday afternoon like I did last year or just drive down very early Saturday morning.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be selling Toon Tumblers at the Dallas Comic Con which is the first time they will have been available at the event. Along with the glasses the line of Mega-Mega Magnets will be available as well. If you haven't seen these yet they are amazing!

Here's a link of some of them:

http://www.toontumblers.com/mega-megamagnets.aspx

Also to note: :gossip:

It's quite possible that some new glasses will be making their show debut at this event. :banana:

If you have specific glasses you'd like to pick up, if available, contact Paul and we'll try and have them shipped in time. Come by and say "hi" to my wife and I and pick up your favorites!

Just got my badge today, a lightning quick turnaround! I always appreciate it when cons will send you the actual badge in the mail instead of making you wait in another line to convert a receipt into a badge.

Just got my badge today, a lightning quick turnaround! I always appreciate it when cons will send you the actual badge in the mail instead of making you wait in another line to convert a receipt into a badge.

Received my badges (Saturday and Sunday) in today's mail too. My 2nd thyroid gland surgery is tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday so I should be healed nicely by the 19th. (thumbs u

For those of you who haven't seen this on their website yet, here are the signing prices for various artists and celebs:

1) Stan Lee = $50.00 per signing

2) Neal Adams = First 2 items are free and $5.00 per additional signing

3) George Perez, Len Wein, Arthur Suydam, Jimmy Palmiotti = FREE

I'm wondering what Greg Horn charges if anything. I have a bunch of books for him to sign. hm

Celebrities

1) Patrick Stewart = $75.00 per signing

2) Val Kilmer = $40.00 per signing

3) Laura Vandervoort = $30.00 per signing (I have 3 Supergirls for her to sign)

4) Adam West = $60.00 per signing

5) Burt Ward = $50.00 per signing

There's a bunch of you I've never met before going. If we want to do a dinner somewhere we can meet at the Toon Tumbler booth at the end. That is if anyone is interested.

Sounds good to me. (thumbs u

There's a bunch of you I've never met before going. If we want to do a dinner somewhere we can meet at the Toon Tumbler booth at the end. That is if anyone is interested.

I'll definitely stop by to say hello! (thumbs u

:hi:

I'm in. I have a baseball game Saturday so I won't be there until late. I'll be either at Duncanville Bookstore's booths (I think Andy has 16 booths) or with Buffyfan at the 'Toon Tumblers booth.