• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The John Carter of Mars GA Scanning Project
2 2

366 posts in this topic

Thanks for these, do you have to scan and arange these frame by frame? I have a pile of old papers somewhere.

No, these are scans of the full pages from the comics. I did have to do a lot of cleaning up in photoshop.

By old papers, do you mean the John Carter newspaper strip?

Thanks for these, do you have to scan and arange these frame by frame? I have a pile of old papers somewhere.

No, these are scans of the full pages from the comics. I did have to do a lot of cleaning up in photoshop.

:o:o:o:takeit::takeit::takeit:

Good question. Maybe they thought it would be better to make it look like he was leaping in to remind people of his super jumping ability. :shrug:

I believe you've got it. Makes sense.

I thought it might have been a swipe.

Sorry just dug them out. No John Carter. Mainly Disney, Flash Gordon, Jungle Jim, the Phantom, Prince Valiant. These would take a HUGE scanner to get them in one shot! Mine are newspaper strips, I thought at first thats where yours were scanned from!

Edited by jimm

Sorry just dug them out. No John Carter. Mainly Disney, Flash Gordon, Jungle Jim, the Phantom, Prince Valiant. These would take a HUGE scanner to get them in one shot! Mine are newspaper strips, I thought at first thats where yours were scanned from!

Nope these are from the Funnies comic book series and predate the JC newspaper strip by a couple of years. John Coleman Burroughs also did the newspaper strip but it was only in a handful of papers and pages are tough to find.

I'd sure like to know where that cave is! One guy falls asleep in it and wakes up on Mars, and because of the differences in gravity, has near-super human powers. Another guy falls asleep in it and wakes up in King Arthur's court and becomes Sir Boss because of his knowledge. Who knows, it might be where Rip Van Winkle fell asleep for 20 years? If we could find the cave, would you dare to take a nap in it? This reminds me of a question a friend often asked at parties: "If aliens landed, and they offered you safe passage beyond the stars but you could never return, would you go?"

I'd sure like to know where that cave is! One guy falls asleep in it and wakes up on Mars, and because of the differences in gravity, has near-super human powers. Another guy falls asleep in it and wakes up in King Arthur's court and becomes Sir Boss because of his knowledge. Who knows, it might be where Rip Van Winkle fell asleep for 20 years? If we could find the cave, would you dare to take a nap in it? This reminds me of a question a friend often asked at parties: "If aliens landed, and they offered you safe passage beyond the stars but you could never return, would you go?"

Don't forget Buck Rogers' cave. :)

BuckRogersStrip001sm.jpg

The rope is pictured in the Fast Action books.

johncarter.jpg

This place rocks.

Great thread Jeffrey, I check in each day.

Saw a JCOM Movie trailer and noticed Woola is in it, he was ever faithful.

Hope it doesn't totally suck.