• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is Not Easy

3 posts in this topic

I do not like the 200k limit.

I started. I took pictures of all my New Mutants from one through ten. Of course being limited to 200 k a picture has somewhat limited my hopes for something spectacular rather than just...OK. Other ideas have started to turn. Of course that is because other options have started to surface.

I do not know what is going to work. I do not even know what is not going to work until I have every single one completed. Every ten I am going to try something else. As I am doing this I will also be updating my original set which I have the first ten and some select random numbers after.

The first ten I have cropped and re-sized. The second ten I think I might just re-size and use a lessor setting on the camera. I might even use a different camera. I do not want to scan and this is for two reasons. One is everyone scans (most everyone) and the second is my scanner sucks. Any tips would also be appreciated.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

Just a glimpse

10204.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

The 200kb limit is really not that bad - I scan all my CGC books at 150 dpi, and then use Photoshop to crop & resize them to a width of 550 pixels.

Once they're saved as 60% quality jpgs, the file size invariably ends up being less than 200kb. Here are a couple of example scans:

daredevil-1-cgc-8.5-ss-f.jpgdaredevil-3-cgc-9.2-f.jpg

First off I am envious of the above two scans. Are they your books? I have yet to own a number two or three but I have every other issue of this series raw. My #1 is only a 3.5 but I won it so that makes me happy.

Unfortunately I do not have a scanner I only have a few cameras I use. It is an old camera, a digital elph that does take good pictures. I just load them up and hope for the best. On the computer I see more blemishes then on the camera screen. As well as reflection. Currently I do not have a proper legal scanner. The 550 width though is informative. I normally drop to about 500. I will mess around some more and I hope that by the time this quest is done I will be satisfied with my accomplishment.

Tnerb