• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 NIFTY GOLDEN AGE BOOKS LEFT + DAREDEVIL 1 + more

34 posts in this topic

Next up is good ole reliable Daredevil 1. Pretty decent except for a 3/4 inch spine split up at the top. I'll call it a VG- and I would like $450 for it shipped in the USA.

(Discounts offered for other books in this thread do not apply to this one.)

DD1.jpg

DD1back.jpg

Next up is

Captain Marvel 26 (and 29 and 30 -- see below). 1st Thanos cover appearance. Starlin goodness. A pretty sweet book. The spine wrap issue seems to be pretty prevalent with this book. I'm calling it a NM- and, honestly, I see no reason why this would not be a 9.4, heck maybe better. With the Thanos movie coming out this one will explode :-)

I would like $50 shipped. I will also include VG/VG+ type copies of 29 and 30 (not pictured), Thanos cameos in all, for your reading pleasure.

cm26.jpg

More tomorrow.

A few more before I send them to feebay:

Amazing Spiderman 23. Third appearance of the Green Goblin. Looks like a solid 6.0 - 6.5...other than those water stains. I'd like $27 for this, shipped in the USA.

asm23.jpg

asm23back.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 28. First Molten Man! I have looked at the back of the front cover on this and see no signs of CT or any CT bleeding through, so I'm thinking this book hasn't been messed with (plus it was bought at a convention in 1977). (Not that it looks like anyone has tried given the spine ticks.) Typical of this issue, EVERYTHING shows...it actually has a nice glossy cover too and the back is in real nice shape! I'm calling this a VG+. Last year's guide has this at $180 in VG+. I would like $105 shipped in the USA.

asm28.jpg

asm28back.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 27, the 5th appearance of the Green Goblin. As you can see from the back cover scan, the book is a little miswrapped, which I assume is why you can see the pages, not a detached centerfold. Generalized wear mainly, nothing dramatic. I'm going to call this a 5.0, it is $100 in last year's guide in 5.0 and I would like $60 for it, shipped in the USA.

asm27.jpg

asm27back.jpg

Daredevil 4. I'm going to call this a 3.0 and would like $28 for it, shipped in the USA.

dd4.jpg

dd4back.jpg

Great books in this thread. I really dig the Rip Kirby covers and back covers. Too bad the duck books are so nice--I have a customer who needs both but they are way beyond his budget.

So why don't you buy them from me and sell them to him/her on time payments? :-)

One of these days I'll do a thread devoted to my Barks' ducks books. Most are around VGs and are more affordable. I have sold off my other early Four Color Barks' ducks over the years, most were low grade.

Great books in this thread. I really dig the Rip Kirby covers and back covers. Too bad the duck books are so nice--I have a customer who needs both but they are way beyond his budget.

So why don't you buy them from me and sell them to him/her on time payments? :-)

One of these days I'll do a thread devoted to my Barks' ducks books. Most are around VGs and are more affordable. I have sold off my other early Four Color Barks' ducks over the years, most were low grade.

Have any low grade copies of FC 178 lying around?

No, I passed on a virtually perfect copy of 178 in about 1994 for $250 because that sure as heck seemed like a lot for a Duck book when I could buy like 25 VG copies of Thor and Daredevil for that much! (Well, at least it wasn't that I could buy a copies of X-O #1, Magnus #1 and Solar #1 for that much...).

OK, one more item I listed last year, here it is again, I'm $110 less than I did last year. It's my last slab and I just don't have a box for it, so it's irritating me:

Green Mask #1 from 1940. Apparent 4.0, C/OW with slight professional resto: piece added, tear seals, spine splits, reinforced. I don't know who did the resto. Lou Fine cover. 2010 Guide on this in VG (unrestored) is $674.

Not sure how to value this. Metropolis has an unslabbed poor copy that looks to have been eaten by wolves and is held together with tape for $155. There is no way my copy ever looked like that pre-resto. And then they have an unslabbed "3.0" copy held together with tape for $504. It is possible my copy looked like that pre-resto.

Anyway, I ain't Metropolis, they're the market leader in this sort of stuff, so I would like $255 for this (which includes insured priority mail shipping in the U.S.A.).

green1front.jpg

green1back.jpg

And now we have Lone Ranger 1. I don't know about you, but watching B&W re-runs of the Lone Ranger TV show was a big part of my early childhood in the 70's. And now he's back in his own comic! I grade this as a FIne +. 2010 OPG has this at $227.50 in Fine+. I would like $180 for it shipped.

lone1.jpg

lone1back.jpg

:takeit: Lone Ranger #1 Per PM

Alright folks, everything in the thread is 10% off the initial price, including the Daredevil 1, Green Mask 1, etc. That is a really really good price on that Green Mask 1, but I'm not kidding how I don't have a box for it, it's my last slab and it is driving me crazy.

If you take me up on the All American/Green Lantern or Four Color 108/Christmas Parade package deal prices I quoted, take another 5% off those prices.

After that I'm done and the remains go off to ebay.

Oh, I do that all the time for groups of books. But a lot of people also have a per comic limit or don't want them in this grade when they can get a lower grade copy instead.