• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you lost that loving feeling?

367 posts in this topic

Just joining the party...

RMA again? Bosco?

Moving on to the voting, I missed that thread completely and ti would have been a no...no....noooooooooooooo!

Whitesnake had some stellar musicians in it: Coverdale, Sarzo, Campbell, Aldridge. I dig some of their stuff.

Hair metal? How about these guys:

queensryche.jpg

Ratt? :headbang: Round n' round!!

Nope. Queensryche circa 1982 and their 4 song EP.

I know this is Queensryche, I was agreeing that Ratt rocked.

They didn't. At least when I saw them. Irvine Meadows, 1985. Ran through Lion Country Safari to sneak in. There's nothing to make you run faster than a bunch of growls and roars in an open field zoo. We were so friggin stoopid. Lucky someone didn't get sodomized by a gorilla. Bon Jovi opened and turned that mutha out! Then Ratt took the stage and 2 minutes into "You're in Love" they blow their whole sound system. For the next TWO & A HALF HOURS they couldn't fix it. I was so unbelievably bored and stoned that I almost hopped the fence BACK into Lion Country Safari. For some dumb reason I wanted to play with the giraffes. Ratt finally came back on and they were all toasted. They blew goats.

For a real rock experience I saw Judas Priest at Irvine Meadows - 2nd row center, Defenders of the Faith tour. Didn't have to sneak in - I actually had tickets for the show. Probably the very best rock concert I have ever been to ( and that is really saying a lot). Oh my lord. Hearing and seeing Rob Halford belting out Victim of Changes when he's 25 feet away from you was an epic experience. Tipton and Downing trading face melting guitar solos. Green Manalishi, Hell Bent for Leather, Metal Gods, Sinner. I've seen The Priest 18 times. One of the best live bands of all time.

Just joining the party...

RMA again? Bosco?

Moving on to the voting, I missed that thread completely and ti would have been a no...no....noooooooooooooo!

Whitesnake had some stellar musicians in it: Coverdale, Sarzo, Campbell, Aldridge. I dig some of their stuff.

Hair metal? How about these guys:

queensryche.jpg

Ratt? :headbang: Round n' round!!

Nope. Queensryche circa 1982 and their 4 song EP.

I know this is Queensryche, I was agreeing that Ratt rocked.

They didn't. At least when I saw them. Irvine Meadows, 1985. Ran through Lion Country Safari to sneak in. There's nothing to make you run faster than a bunch of growls and roars in an open field zoo. We were so friggin stoopid. Lucky someone didn't get sodomized by a gorilla. Bon Jovi opened and turned that mutha out! Then Ratt took the stage and 2 minutes into "You're in Love" they blow their whole sound system. For the next TWO & A HALF HOURS they couldn't fix it. I was so unbelievably bored and stoned that I almost hopped the fence BACK into Lion Country Safari. For some dumb reason I wanted to play with the giraffes. Ratt finally came back on and they were all toasted. They blew goats.

For a real rock experience I saw Judas Priest at Irvine Meadows - 2nd row center, Defenders of the Faith tour. Didn't have to sneak in - I actually had tickets for the show. Probably the very best rock concert I have ever been to ( and that is really saying a lot). Oh my lord. Hearing and seeing Rob Halford belting out Victim of Changes when he's 25 feet away from you was an epic experience. Tipton and Downing trading face melting guitar solos. Green Manalishi, Hell Bent for Leather, Metal Gods, Sinner. I've seen The Priest 18 times. One of the best live bands of all time.

I was there too,what an F-ing great concert.Was it July 1984? :headbang:

I saw Priest in November. Sat 3rd row, centre stage and their energy is still top shelf. Halford nailed every howl, every wail. They're still awesome live.

JudasPriest11-22-2011ACC62.jpg

JudasPriest11-22-2011ACC93.jpg

JudasPriest11-22-2011ACC147.jpg

I was there too,what an F-ing great concert.Was it July 1984? :headbang:

Yep - that's the one! Amazing show. What a small world. Just electric. You have to be to a Priest show to understand.

I saw Priest in November. Sat 3rd row, centre stage and their energy is still top shelf. Halford nailed every howl, every wail. They're still awesome live.

You're my hero Roy :headbang:

They cancelled my show and refunded my $400 for the show in LA. I was so bummed. I was NOT going to go to the Glen Heller Blockbuster Pavillion no matter how bad i wanted to go. That place is a pit. Still have no idea why they cancelled. :sorry: I'm hoping I get another chance :wishluck: Otherwise something will be missing from my life.

JudasPriest11-22-2011ACC62.jpg

JudasPriest11-22-2011ACC93.jpg

JudasPriest11-22-2011ACC147.jpg

metal_pizza.gif