• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do the dealers come up with their prices ???

115 posts in this topic

Of course everyone wants to make money, I do not begrudge any dealer/seller of that - my point is that sometimes it is out of hand and can actually hurt their business. I know you would rather sell something for $600 then for $150 but would you buy something from from a high profile seller for $600 knowing you can get the same thing ( ala a CGC 9.4) for $150? I hope not. Might you buy the same $150 item for $200 from a high profile dealer who you deal with all the time and has a very good reputation ? Of course. I have bought several items from you over the years through eBay? Why? Mainly because of your fair price , plain and simple.

Prices change fairly quickly. Ebay isn't as good an indicator for prices for sellers b/c the prices on eBay aren't as static as a dealers. Slow periods of time result in lower CGC prices on eBay, if dealers adjusted for every particular month they'd more then likely lose money then even break even. Over the Summer when EVERYTHING was red hot, their prices were a lot closer. Some books they'll obviously come down on over time if the prices remain low, but for right now there's no reason for them to use eBay prices for anything other then seeing how hot/cold the market is.

Brian

of course everybody wants to get the best deal if they can, im not arguing that, but if some highroller is willing to pay your price, then it's SOLD! just like the guy who bought greggy's HGCGC ASM 101 CGC NM/MT 9.8 for $4500. josh nathanson wanted it, but was shocked when the price was quoted to him, so it was consigned on comiclink and sold within a day. blush.gifwink.gif

That's a great point. $4500?!!? Greggy is a scrooging, constipated dealer who can kiss my black . Oh wait, I'm white, I mean kiss my flat . shocked.gif That reminds me of when he put that FF 49 CGC 9.6 I wanted so badly on the open market to be bought by ComicLink for $3500+...[!@#%^&^]!!! shocked.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Yo, I never dealt with you before when I put up my beauty up. At least I gave everyone a fair chance at it. Josh requested that I end the auction early and sell it to him but I refused. You could have just sold your FF 52 CGC 9.6 to raise the difference! tongue.gif

Us having never spoken is no excuse for my disappointment...you're still my scapegoat!!! Just like all those EBay bidders who intentionally drive the price up on other people who won auctions that THEY wanted for themselves! Hehe, I've talked to several people on here who do that stuff.

now if you want it, you going to have to pay out of your wahoofuryarse for it, $4600! wink.gif this is a good example, some dealers win, and some lose or sit on it for awhile. i'll be the first to say i lost money/broke even through the heritage october auctions, books were overlisted with to many dupes. plus the buyers premiumn didn't help either. blush.gif but i did get a good deal on a book through their last sig auction after i saw the error in their ways. blush.gifgrin.gif

Mmm, like what I just did for mrahome@aol.com? Hell, if I knew the guy was going to bid on the book I wanted, I would have hit the $200 BIN. I made sure he had to pay that amount! wink.gif No point bidding against him because I can't win unless I bid an outrageous price! mad.gif

Actually, consider it guided for $90, maybe I should have hit the BIN! frown.gif

Oh well, my bills were getting high anyways so maybe it's best that I didn't win! wink.gif

I am sooo sorry to have price a AS #300 9.4 for $175. I've dropped it down to $100 which will probably still be too high since quite frankly I do not give a RAT F****** S*** about this issue.

Again, I apologize for selling FF #49 9.2 for $850, 2 copies. This are from my personal collection so I've decided to drop the offwhite to white copy to $825 and the Cream to offwhite copy to $725. Since you are the one complaining and will sell me replacement copies when I sell them for $600-650 please forward me the scans, already CGC'd I'm assuming. If you aren't selling me replacements than please point me to the other sellers that will sell me FF's under 50 in 9.2 or better around guide.

I'd like to state for the record and deal with the constant whining and complaining. I am a "DEAL" er, I am willing to "DEAL", however I reserve the right to refuse your offer. I am quite tired of getting PISSED on by certain members who feel that I should sell something for a price THEY feel is fair. My response to this is that you should become DEALERS, FIND THE MATERIAL, SELL IT and continue to REPLACE it for that price. DO THE WORK, find the books! Write a few checks for $20,000 - $50,000 consistenting of 25% high grade/75% Low grade. Try selling the low grade. And by the way, everything in your collection sells, and sells quickly I might add. Buy the supplies, rent the tables, deal with tax collectors, pay ebay fees, merchant fees to Paypal or VISA/MC/AMEX, collectors selling undisclosed restored books, deadbeat buyers and then tell me I'm selling the book for too much. Please point out my BMW in the driveway!

I work my F****** a** off trying to find books and in many cases have not found certain books for years. If I didn't have MY PERSONAL Copies of FF #49 9.2's on the site the highest grade copies I have in my inventory would be 9.0's. And I've been around comics since 1973.

Bob........ tongue.gif ...........I was just trying to kid around with you again since it seems to be getting a little heavy in here. crazy.gif

I acutally think you should charge an extra hundred bucks for each of your books and maybe look into buying a used, low mileage sense of humor**. wink.gif

** This post was intended to be a joke for blazingbob. It was not intended for serious use and any similarities between the fictional characters in it and any persons, either living or dead, is purely coincidental. Must be 21 or older to play. Not valid in the states of Kentucky, Alabama, and North Dakota. Pee on my shoes and I'll on your head. Offer expires after December 31, 2004. Employees of CGC or their relatives are not allowed to read this joke. Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Void where prohibited. My dad can beat up your dad. No purchase necessary.

$1200 for a GL 76 9.2 is not extreme. As Chrisco said above, a copy did indeed sell for over $1000 last spring, and since a 9.4 would run $2000, I don't see the problem.

I get really tired of people complaining about dealer pricing becuase of ebay. Ebay can be useful in helping an individual decide how much to spend on an item, but it is FAR from reliable. Here's a very small sample of the hundreds of instances where ebay prices are all over the place:

DAREDEVIL #7 CGC 9.2

$1,152.77 MAY-12-02

DAREDEVIL #7 CGC 9.2

$2,025.00 AUG-16-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #14 CGC 9.0

$2,425.00 MAR-11-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #14 CGC 9.0

$3,150.00 MAR-24-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #17 CGC 9.4

$3,309.00 NOV-2002

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #17 CGC 9.4

$5,100.00 MAY-07-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #121 CGC 9.8

$3,700.00 MAR-16-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #121 CGC 9.8

$5,200.00 MAY-07-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #122 CGC 9.4

$852.02 MAY-07-02

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #122 CGC 9.4

$471.00 Jan-16-02

FANTASTIC FOUR #52 CGC 9.0

$182.50 JAN-26-02

FANTASTIC FOUR #52 CGC 9.0

$330.55 MAR-03-02

INCREDIBLE HULK #102 CGC 9.6

$910.00 APR-26-02

INCREDIBLE HULK #102 CGC 9.6

$1,374.00 MAY-12-02

SILVER SURFER #1 CGC 9.4

$2,650.00 JUN-10-02

SILVER SURFER #1 CGC 9.4

$1,425.00 SEP-2002

X-MEN #9 CGC 9.2

$912.00 APR-06-02

X-MEN #9 CGC 9.2

$465.00 OCT-2002

X-MEN #9 CGC 9.4

$1,980.00 JUL-21-02

X-MEN #9 CGC 9.4

$998.00 NOV-2002

X-MEN #56 CGC 9.4

$860.00 AUG-22-02

X-MEN #56 CGC 9.4

$270.00 SEP-29-02

X-MEN #94 CGC 9.4

$1,300.00 MAR-21-02

X-MEN #94 CGC 9.4

$2,025.00 AUG-14-02

Just a few of many examples. So with price fluctuations such as these, who's to say what true market value is? If you don't like a price, don't pay it.