• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultrastupidity

29 posts in this topic

When you see stuff like this, doesn't it scare you ...I mean these buyers and this type of speculation/greed will definitely hurt the hobby once these guys realize they got burned...similar to the 90's.....Maybe it's just me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Welcome to the boards. Not really as the smarter, long term investors will view this for what it is, an over priced gamble. It will only hurt those who have shelled out that kind of cash on such a gamble. $1,200 could buy you a rather nice early ASM issue instead? At least you have 40 years of history already behind you. confused-smiley-013.gif

Welcome to the boards. Not really as the smarter, long term investors will view this for what it is, an over priced gamble. It will only hurt those who have shelled out that kind of cash on such a gamble. $1,200 could buy you a rather nice early ASM issue instead? At least you have 40 years of history already behind you. confused-smiley-013.gif

And 40 years of huge price appreciation. The market doesn't reward you with outsized returns for acting on information that everybody already knows. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And 40 years of huge price appreciation. The market doesn't reward you with outsized returns for acting on information that everybody already knows. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

so the buyer of the UFF 1 CGC 10.0 is the smarter of the two 893applaud-thumb.giftongue.gif

J/K Gene....

When you see stuff like this, doesn't it scare you ...I mean these buyers and this type of speculation/greed will definitely hurt the hobby once these guys realize they got burned...similar to the 90's.....Maybe it's just me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Its not just you. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i was surprised to watch a cgc 9.8 X-Men 121 break $500, or was it $600, just last week. 9.8 seems to be the desired condition for a sure sale. 10.0 and 9.9 make the buyer think he's going to resell this baby in 12 months and pay off the audi. i don't think so in this case.