• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turner Gijoe silver foils - inventory count

35 posts in this topic

After much perusing through pages and pages of searches on the internet it seems that the Michael Turner Gijoe 21 and 33 foil variants are extremely hard to find and are in extremely high demand. There were only 500 produced of each.

I thought it might be interesting to get some feedback from members about how many copies they have in their collection (if any). Please don't leave out unslabbed copies but also keep in mind this is about the silver foil variants and not the regular non-foil variant.

If anyone can add some info about signatures or sketches on theirs I think it would be very interesting for some of us at least.

myself I have:

1 x #21 CGC 9.6 SS zeck, beatty with head sketches

1 x #21 CGC 9.4 SS zeck, beatty, blaylock with head sketches

1 x #21 nm/nm+

2 x #33 nm and nm/nm+ both signed by Turner with coa from GCC

total:

#21 - 3

#33 - 2

please update the total to include your issues....

:popcorn:

I'm actually looking to know about all editions (signed or not). I had a look through the turner sig forum and I agree there are some great items out there... makes me sad they're not in my own collection (yet that is!)....

I sold my SS copies... Right now for GI Joe 21 foil I do have (blue label)

1 9.2, 1 9.4, 1 9.6, and 1 NM raw copy

For 33, I only have a raw copy signed by Turner, Steigerwald, and two other sigs that I can't remember off the top of my head...

Not to mention a giantazz framed poster of the 21

totals:

#21 - 8

#33 - 5

It would be interesting to see if amost of the copies out there were held by members on this board....

I tried to do the same thing with TMNT #1 several years ago... I was surprised at how few copies surfaced in the thread. That was a good number of years ago before I had to stop collecting for a while tho...

Definitely a fun thing to try; would be awesome to account for the majority of a print run on anything I think.

I sold 2 copies a few months back to one collector from NC (i think that's where he lived) They were both #33 silver foils signed by turner w a coa. Got around $60 apiece if i remember correctly. I would think he bought them for his personal collection and still has them based on our e-mails, so that would be 2 accounted for.

Schmakt,

this wasn't you that bought these was it? I just realized that you have a NC address....

totals:

#21 - 8

#33 - 5

It would be interesting to see if amost of the copies out there were held by members on this board....

I tried to do the same thing with TMNT #1 several years ago... I was surprised at how few copies surfaced in the thread. That was a good number of years ago before I had to stop collecting for a while tho...

Definitely a fun thing to try; would be awesome to account for the majority of a print run on anything I think.

Schmakt,

this wasn't you that bought these was it? I just realized that you have a NC address....

totals:

#21 - 8

#33 - 5

Oh NO!! Wait!....I bought two aaaand I have an NC address....could it be me?

There are 7 Foil CGC SS on Census

I personally witnessed 3 of them getting signed and sketched by Mike Zeck and/or John Beatty.

I own the lone 9.8 SS copy

GIJOE21FOIL.jpg

Also I personally have owned 50+ of the non-foil CGC SS Renegar editions. Many of those (only have one left in my collection see below) are signed by both Mike Zeck, John Beatty and less that I witnessed 20 have head sketches.

GIJOE21.jpg

Edited by Par2ch

haha. Quite possibly. I listed one in my ebay store cuz i kind of wanted to keep one. Then i sold the other one too to the same buyer cuz he seemed really excited about that particular issue, and i just liked it because of the turner sig. Does this sound familiar? BTW did you go to shelton's show this past sunday? I was there.

Schmakt,

totals:

#21 - 8

#33 - 5

Oh NO!! Wait!....I bought two aaaand I have an NC address....could it be me?

There are 7 Foil CGC SS on Census

I personally witnessed 3 of them getting signed and sketched by Mike Zeck and/or John Beatty.

I own the lone 9.8 SS copy

GIJOE21FOIL.jpg

Also I personally have owned 50+ of the non-foil CGC SS Renegar editions. Many of those (only have one left in my collection see below) are signed by both Mike Zeck, John Beatty and less that I witnessed 20 have head sketches.

GIJOE21.jpg

The foil one is gorgeous! The non-foil has that extra sig that makes it a one of a kind... me likey very much! congrats on those...

if you ever want to sell them please let me know.... :popcorn:

After much perusing through pages and pages of searches on the internet it seems that the Michael Turner Gijoe 21 and 33 foil variants are extremely hard to find and are in extremely high demand. There were only 500 produced of each.

I thought it might be interesting to get some feedback from members about how many copies they have in their collection (if any). Please don't leave out unslabbed copies but also keep in mind this is about the silver foil variants and not the regular non-foil variant.

If anyone can add some info about signatures or sketches on theirs I think it would be very interesting for some of us at least.

myself I have:

1 x #21 CGC 9.6 SS zeck, beatty with head sketches

1 x #21 CGC 9.4 SS zeck, beatty, blaylock with head sketches

1 x #21 nm/nm+

2 x #33 nm and nm/nm+ both signed by Turner with coa from GCC

total:

#21 - 3

#33 - 2

please update the total to include your issues....

:popcorn:

You should probably take that 500 number with a grain of salt. I know the guys that made this book (and many others) and those numbers are always low. There are extras made just in case of damages, and those books usually leak out as well. Occasionally books like this go back to printing or occasionally the printed number is kept low, to drive the perception that the book is hard to find. Not saying this isn't a popular book, but I would bet dollars to donuts there are more than 500 copies out there.

I know for a fact that the Darkness #7 variant made by the same guys was a 5K print run book, but after various printings/etc, the actual number on the book was 15K. There have been MANY books like this over the years.

I was thinking along those lines....

for instance the Gijoe 33 foil says limited to 500, and then there are 200 foil with Turner's signature. I had thought that meant 300 regular foil and then 200 signed ones but most likely this is 500 reg foil and another 200 signed foil....

That's so not cool...

Ha. Just playing. That was the first thing that jumped to mind when I read that. I wonder how many Art of Chew sketchbooks there are actually are...

Well, if you think about it, even if it's (not saying it is or isn't), even if it was 1000...the the greatest GI Joe cover of all times in foil version, is still rock n' roll

That's so not cool...

Ha. Just playing. That was the first thing that jumped to mind when I read that. I wonder how many Art of Chew sketchbooks there are actually are...

Well, if you think about it, even if it's (not saying it is or isn't), even if it was 1000...the the greatest GI Joe cover of all times in foil version, is still rock n' roll

Mos def. It's an awesome cover. I really like those Snake Eyes head sketches Zeck does.