• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why you passed

86 posts in this topic

Staple rust... excessive tanning... colour fade... miscuts... loose or missing pieces... brittleness... staining... garish cover writing... all can and do contribute to me passing on a book, factoring in price, overall condition, and extent of the offending defect.

Foxing and Fading have both made me pass on otherwise nice books.

you know you're dedicated to the passing-principle when you capatilize the defects!

Damn straight. Plus Foxing and Fading have a nice alliterative sound. Much better than Brittleness and Bug Chews.

you know you're dedicated to the passing-principle when you capatilize the defects!

Damn straight. Plus Foxing and Fading have a nice alliterative sound. Much better than Brittleness and Bug Chews.

Pisss and Poo would go great together, but i know of no fecal-fouled books. to be sure, there are lots of shi tty d.c.'s, but that's metaphorical.

Pisss and Poo would go great together, but i know of no fecal-fouled books. to be sure, there are lots of shi tty d.c.'s, but that's metaphorical.

lol

Ciorac is gonna hurt youuuuuuu!

lol

out of the country; his reach isn't that long, and he'll forget by the time he gets back!

cat pisss is anathema to me, unless it's edgar's book got pissed on.

]yankee3.jpg

]yankee4.jpg

Love those covers.

The biggest No No for me is normally trimming, though I was more than happy to take Richard's Mystic #9 (trimmed bottom edge) because it is otherwise so pretty and the price was right. So I guess there are exceptions ot every rule.

lol

out of the country; his reach isn't that long, and he'll forget by the time he gets back!

They have internet over here in Germany :makepoint:

lol

oh snap.

lol

oh snap.

And in Germany they understand the Importance of capitalizing all the Nouns, even in the Middle of a Sentence. :baiting:

cat pisss is anathema to me, unless it's edgar's book got pissed on.

]yankee3.jpg

]yankee4.jpg

Are you sure it was cat pee pee?

Had more then a few books sent our way for cleaning, that made me wonder just what kind of urine I was washing out. :sick:

For me, production related flaws would not make me pass on most any book. Even to the point of thinking offset registry books sort of neat.

Although if a book has really bad mold, I typically back up and run away.

For me, production related flaws would not make me pass on most any book. Even to the point of thinking offset registry books sort of neat.

we fish in the same pond.

cap34.jpg

ibis4.jpg

Things I will pass on

Brittle/Slightly Brittle pages

Bad registry

Glue

Things I am likely to pass on

Tape

Mold

Bad Stains

Foxing

Fading

Things that don't bother me.

CFO

Resto

Pieces missing

Married parts

Incomplete

James G

we fish in the same pond.

cap34.jpg

ibis4.jpg

and now I have a headache...