• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Avengers Team Edition !!! Final Poll pg 5!!!

207 posts in this topic

I think it's time. If not, I'm putting this up for consideration early. lol

Alright, here we go. :)

Back-story.

This is my sketch of 2012. Since watching the Avengers last year, from moment one I had this sketch in my mind. How cool would it be to get a great artist to do a fight scene from the movie with all the avengers fighting the invading forces?

Although not as big a celebrity buff as others on the boards, I really wanted to get something done by the Avengers cast. A few posters have poped up on ebay and other spots, but I really wanted to get the cast to sign a sketch. Not a book, but a one of a kind original. All of this is easier said then done of course, and I'm sure it will take me years to get it done, but it gives a guy a goal you know? :)

I spent a few weeks muling over which artist to get the book done by. Not many artists would be willing to put the time into what I wanted to get done, so that cut out a bunch. Others slightly more cartooney then I was looking for, and I wanted a realistic mostly accurate version of the characters as they appeared on the silver screen. I settled on Boardie favorite Brian Massa, who has done fabulous books for myself and others before.

Fast forward half a year later, a few hundred emails, and months of Brian slaving away at this book and I walk away with my Avengers Cast sketch.

A big thanks to everyone who helped contribute to this book.

Brian, Eton and Adonis. Thanks guys! I can claim very little creative direction for this sketch, most goes to Brian. Eton probably contributed more then I did! lol Upcoming signatures to be added at future shows. The decision to put it on two covers came from wanting to have it framed on the wall and see both sides at the same time, as well as getting to have a sketch on the back this way.

Those who took the time to plow through that, Thanks for reading! :)