• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 1 9.0????

44 posts in this topic

I have spent hours and hours and hours studying CGC scans the last couple months. From the scans I have "studied" the average (adding all my scans of CGC 9.0 spine color breaking creases and dividing by # of books) has 2 cb spine creases. Some of my scans have up to 7 on the spine and some have 0 but the zero spine creases often have a small corner crease. I know this has nothing to do with Overstreet's guide but that is why I have been focusing on CGC instead. I feel like it is also pretty often that key issues get away with a little more. If you had 20 scans of 9.0s and only looked at the number of defects and not the cover - you could pick out which ones were the key issues of the bunch based on the higher amount of defects. I enjoy this forum and CGC, so that is not criticism of them, just what I have noticed.

the CGC guidelines are not far from Overstreet. The stress lines usually lend to VF but a high vfnm is 9.0 / 9.2 anywho

the best way to learn how to grade is hang out with dealer or collector friend

My favorite grading guide is the Overstreet Grading Guide 2nd edition. (of course)

Go to conventions and check out all a graded comics, talk to the dealers. Support your local comic book store!

Why is someone helping you hold these books in your photo? Were they thinking that you may drop them or run off with them?

I was thinking that's one big sig. line. I'm even thinking of turning off sig. lines if everyone is going to have sigs this big. :tonofbricks:

That sig line is bigger than half the comic scans here... :tonofbricks: