• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Tomb of Dracula!

46 posts in this topic

Too bad you don't have any high grade "MVS-less" books - you'd know better.

Nah...more like you'll learn....

Comics missing the MVS are as good as coverless with most Bronze collectors. One of the appealing aspects and selling points of these Bronze Marvel IS the MVS. Plus why pay $12 for an incomplete comic when you can pay the same for a nice complete one? 893frustrated.gif

Jim

You guys are anal retentive -- move along. I believe in collectors of comic books - people who actually read these things. I really can't handle the bull [!@#%^&^] some times. When you buy a book 40 years later - it's not the same thing as if you bought it and kept it for 40 years, so kiss my batooosky.

flamed.gif

You guys are anal retentive -- move along. I believe in collectors of comic books - people who actually read these things. I really can't handle the bull [!@#%^&^] some times.

I don't think we were the ones whining about their auctions not selling. If you can't take constructive criticisms in regards to the the missing MVS, then stay ignorant. Still won't sell your copies with the missing stamp.....

When you buy a book 40 years later - it's not the same thing as if you bought it and kept it for 40 years, so kiss my batooosky.

I rather not thank you. How this comment relates to our discussion is another area you may need to work on as well..... Focus a little.....

Jim

You guys are anal retentive -- move along. I believe in collectors of comic books - people who actually read these things. I really can't handle the bull [!@#%^&^] some times.

I don't think we were the ones whining about their auctions not selling. If you can't take constructive criticisms in regards to the the missing MVS, then stay ignorant. Still won't sell your copies with the missing stamp.....

When you buy a book 40 years later - it's not the same thing as if you bought it and kept it for 40 years, so kiss my batooosky.

I rather not thank you. How this comment relates to our discussion is another area you may need to work on as well..... Focus a little.....

Jim

Jim,

I wasn't whining laugh.gif and your criticism was not constructive in the least. smirk.gif Nor, am I ignorant, I have sold many books without stamps, including a CGC graded Hulk #181 VF+ 8.5 for $500. they are still very beautiful books.

This comment relates to our discussion in the following way: If it weren't for collectors like me (and others like me), there wouldn't be any high grade books around for such "purists" like yourself, to even acquire.

I believe it is you who needs to focus. . .and not a little.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Comics missing the MVS are as good as coverless with most Bronze collectors. One of the appealing aspects and selling points of these Bronze Marvel IS the MVS. Plus why pay $12 for an incomplete comic when you can pay the same for a nice complete one? 893frustrated.gif

Jim

This is consructive criticism?!? My, my. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just about a year or so ago. . . frown.gif to another board member -- I miss it already. I was going to keep it, but the temptation was too great. About two years ago, I sold my other Hulk 181 NM+ 9.6 (or better - raw) locally to a collector for $1850. laugh.gif

Sorry, but:

high grade "MVS-less" books

is an oxymoron. foreheadslap.gif

Joe,

FYI, Only one of these books is missing its MVS. And they have all been relisted.

cheers, laugh.gif

Jim

This is consructive criticism?!? My, my. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sounds constructive to me.....but some people aren't willing to listen....

Jim

This comment relates to our discussion in the following way: If it weren't for collectors like me (and others like me), there wouldn't be any high grade books around for such "purists" like yourself, to even acquire.

Please spare me the drama....

What does that even mean anyway? If you didn't collect then issues wouldn't be available.... 893frustrated.gif

But to humor you....you won't find anyone on this Forum that I've dealt with (and they are many) that would even remotely call me a purist or picky high grade collector. In fact, I'm pretty unpicky if I want a comic. I've bought significantly more FN/VFs than NMs here or on eBay.

Also...you aren't catering to a select group. There are multitudes of Bronze Age sellers out there. And as Bronze sellers they know the undesirability that a missing MVS has for collectors. An issue that you apparently can't grasp.....

Jim

$500 seems to be a very nice price for you looking at sales of Qualified ones with grades close to yours

I felt it was, and as I said, the temptation was great. FYI, the buyer flipped it for $600 within two months. cool.gif

Please spare me the drama....

What does that even mean anyway? If you didn't collect then issues wouldn't be available.... 893frustrated.gif

But to humor you....you won't find anyone on this Forum that I've dealt with (and they are many) that would even remotely call me a purist or picky high grade collector. In fact, I'm pretty unpicky if I want a comic. I've bought significantly more FN/VFs than NMs here or on eBay.

Also...you aren't catering to a select group. There are multitudes of Bronze Age sellers out there. And as Bronze sellers they know the undesirability that a missing MVS has for collectors. An issue that you apparently can't grasp.....

Jim

My, you are one charming individual. . .

cool.gif

If it weren't for collectors like me (and others like me), there wouldn't be any high grade books around for such "purists" like yourself, to even acquire.

Come on, I was buying multiples off the stands back then, and at least I didn't clip out the MVS's. thumbsup2.gif

We seem to be having two different conversations. There is high-grade and there is low-grade. High-grade incomplete is not high-grade, it's a nifty name that certain sellers use to pretty up a low-grade copy.

And let's not use Hulk 181 as a comparison to anything. It exists in its own little world, where torn, ratty copies exceed a $100 bid. foreheadslap.gif

If it weren't for collectors like me (and others like me), there wouldn't be any high grade books around for such "purists" like yourself, to even acquire.

Come on, I was buying multiples off the stands back then, and at least I didn't clip out the MVS's. thumbsup2.gif

We seem to be having two different conversations. There is high-grade and there is low-grade. High-grade incomplete is not high-grade, it's a nifty name that certain sellers use to pretty up a low-grade copy.

And let's not use Hulk 181 as a comparison to anything. It exists in its own little world, where torn, ratty copies exceed a $100 bid. foreheadslap.gif

Right you are Joe! thumbsup2.gif Wanna buy my MVS collector's book! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif But I disagree, High Grade Incomplete (HGI) is what it is, and can be a very affordable alternative to the low budget collector (read: someone other than us wink.gif).

hi.gif

Did thast person ever get it CGC graded? I remember the beautiful scan you posted of the book.

Just about a year or so ago. . . frown.gif to another board member -- I miss it already. I was going to keep it, but the temptation was too great. About two years ago, I sold my other Hulk 181 NM+ 9.6 (or better - raw) locally to a collector for $1850. laugh.gif

Did thast person ever get it CGC graded? I remember the beautiful scan you posted of the book.

Nope, he's still sitting on it - says it's his newborn's college fund! hi.gif