• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I had four copies of #1 and sold two for $30 each. The guy also wanted an extra #2 I had. Threw that in for $10 more. $70 for books I bought within the last 3 months. Seems totally crazy. I guess when the thing is a $100 or better book, he'll be the one laughing. Still. I have two more number ones and a coupon I've yet to use. Hmm.

will be fun to see the characters fleshed out a bit more on tv.

I agree- but this show still may not see TV for 2-3 years.

That said, I like how it's going so far, and I feel like i'm past the point where i legitimately mean that, and not because i want my issues of #1 to be my retirement 5 years from now.

The variants are where to sink your money not raw copies of the regular book (in my opinion).

I understand how one can come to this conclusion but I'm not in a full agreement. I believe there is plenty of money to be made off regular issues. I mean if you buy 10 regular copies for cover and the book jumps to $300 each, you're still looking at $3,000. The Comic Pro on the other hand is running about $200.00-250.00 over regular cover cost. So let's say the Comic Pro jumps $1,000. You would need 3 copies to equal the value of 10 regular issues @300 which would cost $600-750.00 for the initial investment. Now if you took that same $600-750.00, you could have bought 60-75 regular copies @ 10.00 each which would be worth $18,000-22,500.00.

That probably doesn't make any sense or add up right but it sounded good at the time lol

will be fun to see the characters fleshed out a bit more on tv.

I agree- but this show still may not see TV for 2-3 years.

That said, I like how it's going so far, and I feel like i'm past the point where i legitimately mean that, and not because i want my issues of #1 to be my retirement 5 years from now.

It would be nice to have a year or so worth of material before they air the show.

The variants are where to sink your money not raw copies of the regular book (in my opinion).

I understand how one can come to this conclusion but I'm not in a full agreement. I believe there is plenty of money to be made off regular issues. I mean if you buy 10 regular copies for cover and the book jumps to $300 each, you're still looking at $3,000. The Comic Pro on the other hand is running about $200.00-250.00 over regular cover cost. So let's say the Comic Pro jumps $1,000. You would need 3 copies to equal the value of 10 regular issues @300 which would cost $600-750.00 for the initial investment. Now if you took that same $600-750.00, you could have bought 60-75 regular copies @ 10.00 each which would be worth $18,000-22,500.00.

That probably doesn't make any sense or add up right but it sounded good at the time lol

If the regular #1s hit $300 a pop and the variants hit $1K, you'll need to get me out of a straight-jacket b/c I'll have gone flippin' crazy. I'm shocked that the regular raw books are getting $50 on ebay at this stage of the game. I may be wrong but I think those prices are inflated. I don't think that $300 is as inflated for the comicspro variant or that the $150 price for the expo variant is as inflated because of the print run and the difficulty in procuring sharp copies of the book. I'm anxious to see what the CGC books will bring. I think they are going to be the real test for the value of this book. For some reason everyone is dumping their raw copies but no one has any CGC books up yet. I want to see what the 2x SS CGC Comicspro and ICE variants go for. I think they'll be about the same price tag and that we may see the Comicspro 2x SS sell for BINs of $600 - $750 and the ICE 2x SS sell for BINs of $500 - $600 respectively. I think the 2x SS regular books will probably have BINs in the range of $250-$350. Any one else care to guesstimate?

If the regular #1s hit $300 a pop and the variants hit $1K, you'll need to get me out of a straight-jacket b/c I'll have gone flippin' crazy. I'm shocked that the regular raw books are getting $50 on ebay at this stage of the game. I may be wrong but I think those prices are inflated. I don't think that $300 is as inflated for the comicspro variant or that the $150 price for the expo variant is as inflated because of the print run and the difficulty in procuring sharp copies of the book. I'm anxious to see what the CGC books will bring. I think they are going to be the real test for the value of this book. For some reason everyone is dumping their raw copies but no one has any CGC books up yet. I want to see what the 2x SS CGC Comicspro and ICE variants go for. I think they'll be about the same price tag and that we may see the Comicspro 2x SS sell for BINs of $600 - $750 and the ICE 2x SS sell for BINs of $500 - $600 respectively. I think the 2x SS regular books will probably have BINs in the range of $250-$350. Any one else care to guesstimate?

Those number was just examples. I don't have any expectations to be honest but I think $100 is possible over he next 6-12 monhs.

Once again my friend there is NO problem getting 9.8's. There are plenty in the system that will be released soon.

Watching you guys run around is very entertaining. :popcorn:

Once again my friend there is NO problem getting 9.8's. There are plenty in the system that will be released soon.

Watching you guys run around is very entertaining. :popcorn:

I know I'm not a grader, but I probably have 3-5 that I can't imagine getting anything lower than a 9.8. The printing on these seems perfectly fine to me.

It'll be interesting to see the census on these. The real allure will be a few years from now when the mainstreamers are looking for copies.

The later printings have color differences on the covers... but the short answer is that the later printings also say SECOND PRINTING, THIRD PRINTING etc right on the cover under the issue number. (I wish other titles signaled later printings so clearly, as it can get very confusing!) So most likely you have all first printings.