• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Tried searching but couldn't find anything, but can someone tell me how the ComicsPro variant for issue 1 was distributed? Was it only for people who attended the ComicsPro annual meeting? Also bonus points if someone can tell me what the estimated print run was on it.

Tried searching but couldn't find anything, but can someone tell me how the ComicsPro variant for issue 1 was distributed? Was it only for people who attended the ComicsPro annual meeting? Also bonus points if someone can tell me what the estimated print run was on it.

Meeting only then was showing up in lcs in dallas thats how i got all mine.

Rumored 200 to 250 no idea really. Maybe someone else knows

Yea I read that there's only around 200-300 members so I figure they wouldn't be printing many more than that.

Yea I read that there's only around 200-300 members so I figure they wouldn't be printing many more than that.

No idea to be honest just glad i was able to grab my copies when i did.

Yea I snagged one myself, though I got it on eBay so paid an eBay price for it.

Live and learn and enjoy the chase

Live and learn and enjoy the chase

Most definitely! I'm not angry at what I paid and was super stoked when I won, I just dream of the day when I get an awesome variant like that in a goodie bag at a convention :headbang:

Based on the other Comicspro variants, the print run is 500 minimum and probably higher - they don't just print one copy pr. member :thumbsup:

Is there a consensus as to the print run on the Image Expo book. I intially heard it was 2000 then I was told it may be 1000. As fas as the comicspro book, I initially heard it was 250, then I heard it was 500 (and have heard variaous numbers recently).

Is there a consensus as to the print run on the Image Expo book. I intially heard it was 2000 then I was told it may be 1000. As fas as the comicspro book, I initially heard it was 250, then I heard it was 500 (and have heard variaous numbers recently).

I have given up trying to figure it out

Finally, I have a LCS story to tell.

So, I go to the nearby LCS. It's a cozy little shop and I support it by purchasing supplies there.

Yesterday I pop in for a short box. No short box, so I look around(which I never do).

I see the Image section , every shelf filled to the edge with books. WTF, I look closer and focus on TOT. The space was filled to the edge, as I looked at the side of this huge stack of what appeared to be TOT #4 1st prints, I see different colors, lower issue numbers, #3 1st print at least 10 copies , #2 1st print even more nice copies.... I...I ..can't go on.

Sorry.

Botton of the stack is a three pack with store stamp on it. TOT #1, #2, and #3 1st prints for $35.00. Three threepacks! No boards in them, just flopping around in a sealed bag, like the old Toys"R"Us days. I spoke to the clerk. He said the people who asked to buy them all got limited to two each.

I left with nothing.

I was confused, like when I sniffed glue that one time in the '70s. I felt I was missing something. I got home and told my girlfriend(who knows little of comics).

I told her I might go back, she threatened me with violence if I didn't.

I got back to the store and slowly began to assemble my selections. two #3 1st print, two #2 1st print, and one three pack. I felt guilty walking to the register.

The owner was there now, acting as cashier. I asked for a long box and handed him my horde. He totaled me up and said....

"I can see by your selections you think these may be worth something in the future". Great, I was going to get branded a speculator. He went on with "Around here we don't"... I finished the sentance for him "we don't care for those types" I thought in my head, but what he said was " around here we don't recomend doing that cause most people end up with books they can't sell". "Now if you want to make some money you have to be ahead of the hype and....