• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Huh.

Is it just me, or is this whole ToT things gone a bit too far? It's an okay story, but I'm not impressed enough to understand $50 prices on the first issue by issue 3.

Kirkman, TWD, Pilot TV....story isn't what's driving the prices. though i do enjoy it.

Huh.

Is it just me, or is this whole ToT things gone a bit too far? It's an okay story, but I'm not impressed enough to understand $50 prices on the first issue by issue 3.

Kirkman, TWD, Pilot TV....story isn't what's driving the prices. though i do enjoy it.

Agreed, a lot of people are afraid of missing the boat like they did with the WD but this doesn't apply to everyone. There is a lot of us who found the first couple books and or idea intriguing and decided to give it 5-10 issues to see where it goes.

Issue 5 and 6 sound like it will hook more in they sound pretty interesting.

Shawn said on facebook or some place that a interesting cast of characters will be coming into the mix. So i cant waite for the series to take on more.

Huh.

I'm enjoying the series, but I certainly understand the skepticism. My thinking, especially given that Kirkman had a hand in the larger development, is that it will take a while to build the storyline and get all the chess pieces on the board.

I'm also thinking that given the book's premise, there is opportunity to introduce some great villains (i.e., some of the other master thieves Redmond will have to outwit) and spice things up further down the line. We'll see... Looking forward to the next ish.

I'm surpised at the disproportionate numbers for the regular cover in comparison to the Image Comics Expo (ICE) and Compicspro (Cpro) variants. Neither the ICE nor the Cpro variants are regional variants. Both are extremely rare and difficult to find in sharp condition. Yet they demand a proportionally small number in comparison to the almost routine $50 sales of the regular Thief of Thieves #1 raw book. My understanding is that there is only 1K copies of the ICE variant and a mere 250 copies of the Cpro variant, but there's over 17 thousand copies of the regular book. Any explanation? I wonder if and when the market corrects itself what will happen? Thanks for sharing your insight! I appreciate it!

I'm surpised at the disproportionate numbers for the regular cover in comparison to the Image Comics Expo (ICE) and Compicspro (Cpro) variants. Neither the ICE nor the Cpro variants are regional variants. Both are extremely rare and difficult to find in sharp condition. Yet they demand a proportionally small number in comparison to the almost routine $50 sales of the regular Thief of Thieves #1 raw book. My understanding is that there is only 1K copies of the ICE variant and a mere 250 copies of the Cpro variant, but there's over 17 thousand copies of the regular book. Any explanation? I wonder if and when the market corrects itself what will happen? Thanks for sharing your insight! I appreciate it!

more people can afford the regular cover, some just want to read the series, it's an easier short term investment since you can still find copies in stores for cover, or $25 or less. than flip them on ebay for double your money.

Was it returnable? I can't remember. I posted a note about the handful of Image titles that had retailer incentive programs and I remember that Saga and Fatale were both that way.

It is hard to speculate about any kind of return numbers. In my opinion, the first issue was lousy. I didn't think the book was even readable until issue 2 or that it got really good until issue 3. My 2 cents!

The simplest explanation is that low print runs don't necessarily mean sustained value over time - especially when you're dealing with variants of #1. In most cases, the non-variant #1 of a new series that gets hot is the one that remains valuable (see Chew, Invincible, etc). As far as I remember, this was also brought up about 10 pages ago ...

Larry's Comics Variant don't count b/c they are regional variants and they were printed too late in time. I think it's like comparing apples and oranges. Just my opinion.

Larry's Comics Variants don't count because Larry is a racist tool.

Larry's Comics Variant don't count b/c they are regional variants and they were printed too late in time. I think it's like comparing apples and oranges. Just my opinion.

You asked for an explanation and I gave you one - if, again, you want to pretend that we haven't seen this cycle with any other Image book prior to Thief of Thieves, knock yourself out :thumbsup: