• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

This is disgusting and things like this tick me off! I never bought from this ebayer (thankfully), but stuff like this is sad! There's one guy says he's owed $1,220! SMH...

As long as he is within the 30 days window, he should be fine getting his money back from filing an open case against this d!(k wad thru eBay/paypal.

It shouldn't be a flag.

+1 I agree that it shouldn't be a flag, I've purchased on more than one occassion from sellers who have said they'd be away and have not had an issue at all. As a matter of fact I've found myself giving that disclaimer also as a seller and have never stiffed anyone. It's all about honesty and this guy's nothing but a common thief! If his merchandise was stolen, he should still have no problem refunding the money he received...

This is disgusting and things like this tick me off! I never bought from this ebayer (thankfully), but stuff like this is sad! There's one guy says he's owed $1,220! SMH...

As long as he is within the 30 days window, he should be fine getting his money back from filing an open case against this d!(k wad thru eBay/paypal.

Hmm, after he contacted me about the supposed theft, I contacted him back telling him that no one will want to hear that noise, and then opened a complaint for each of the items on the thirtieth day since purchase because that is the day that he notified me. I had actually sort of forgot about these and was not paying attention to how much time had passed since the purchase. Normally a vacation is not a red flag to me personally. I also had some comm with him after the purchase so was not really worried. But a shady story exactly thirty days from purchase is a red flag and I am glad that he reminded me. He is claiming that his car was broken into after he loaded the books in that night. He is also asking for time to refund the money because he has probably spent it already on his vacation. He probably just does not want to sell the books and does not have the money either. We will see if he refunds anyone any money or sends people some books from his "personal collection" that he suddenly "discovers" in his closet because people seem....just a bit upset based on his most recent feedback. I have not issued feedback yet, not that another couple of negs for him matters at this point, but we will see what happens since he has 4 or 5 stacks of other peoples money out there.

Hmm, after he contacted me about the supposed theft, I contacted him back telling him that no one will want to hear that noise, and then opened a complaint for each of the items on the thirtieth day since purchase because that is the day that he notified me. I had actually sort of forgot about these and was not paying attention to how much time had passed since the purchase. Normally a vacation is not a red flag to me personally. I also had some comm with him after the purchase so was not really worried. But a shady story exactly thirty days from purchase is a red flag and I am glad that he reminded me. He is claiming that his car was broken into after he loaded the books in that night. He is also asking for time to refund the money because he has probably spent it already on his vacation. He probably just does not want to sell the books and does not have the money either. We will see if he refunds anyone any money or sends people some books from his "personal collection" that he suddenly "discovers" in his closet because people seem....just a bit upset based on his most recent feedback. I have not issued feedback yet, not that another couple of negs for him matters at this point, but we will see what happens since he has 4 or 5 stacks of other peoples money out there.

Anyone who bought and pass the 30 day mark is basically SOL .. What insufficiently_thoughtful_person "leaves" packages in the car over night? To validate his claim, buyers should ask for his "police report"

IF his story is true and the loss is as large as he asserts (i.e., over a thousand dollars), he should file an insurance claim and attempt to collect from the auto insurance.

He wrote me this morning saying it was irresponsible of me to open an eBay case and leave negative feedback since he said he was going to refund everyone's money. And that he has some from his 'personal collection' that hes going to send to people who didnt leave negative feedback. What is that about? I reminded him that even if his story is true, it was irresponsible of him to spend the $ before he delivered the product and that I am not a bank that can write off a loss or lend him money while he is on vacation.

And seriously, who takes thousands of dollars worth of comics and leaves them in a car overnight? Take them to your car in the morning as you go to ship it! I don't feel bad for this guy.

And I'm not waiting for him to submit an insurance report. It's useless. His homeowners would only cover it if he has a special rider that covered his comics. Plus it didn't happen in his house since he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who put them in his car. Car insurance limits personal

Property to $250 or $500 normally and the comics will be marked at cost , not value so most he would get is $3 a comic, of he even gets that.

He is staying in contact which is a good thing. I tend to believe this guy even if his story seems very unusual but most other people would just drop off the face of the earth. He at least is trying to contact everyone. It still doesn't excuse the fact that sending out refunds should've been done immediately. If you have to take out a loan on a credit card or a payday advance place, it doesn't matter. You do what you need to do. If he did that, there wouldn't have been an issue. S**t happens and theft happens. But there is personal responsibility that has to be taken.

Wow, so he's spending time scolding you? What does he expect people to do after making everyone wait for so long? (His comicspro or comicpro or whatever they are all sold on 5/19, and his regular #1's all sold between 5/16 and 5/20.) I still have not negged him but I surely opened up a complaint and I really do not need to hear any condescending remarks about that from the seller. The funny thing is that this is the one title that I'm buying purely as speculation. I don't really think it's all that great, and now I hate it. =)

Yeah, he took time to yell at me for giving him bad feedback and accused me of calling him a scammer. I told him I wasn't the one who called him a scammer. I just said his excuse was shady, which it is, and that refunds may take a while was unacceptable.

I've gone back and forth with him a couple more times and he does seem genuine in his wanting to help people but he needs to refund people's $ before anyone is going to care what he has to say.

Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones to get from his 'personal' collection since you haven't given him bad feedback yet. :wishluck:

Wow, so he's spending time scolding you? What does he expect people to do after making everyone wait for so long? (His comicspro or comicpro or whatever they are all sold on 5/19, and his regular #1's all sold between 5/16 and 5/20.)

Sounds like he is trying to run out the clock...

If you go back and look at his recent positive feedback as a buyer, he has spent about three grand on DVDs and other items since he started having money roll in for those comic books. I'm one of the people involved (not the one that left comment on his feedback about his DVDs), and he is absolute a thief as far as I am concerned. I might would find some compassion for his story if it was not so close to the date for claims to start needing to be filed coupled with the huge amount he spent on Blu-Rays and DVDs since he had the money come available. I just figure he is trying to stall at this point and was looking to get off Ebay with a bang.

Yeah I noticed his little buying spree as well. Even if his story is legit, he is forcing peoples hands if buyers have to file for buyer protection within 30 days.

I rarely have these issues so am not up to snuff on everything, so what's the skinny on these timelines? Below is a cut and paste from Ebay which is saying we have to file within 45 days max. (Last sentance, first paragraph.) Is there a different stipulation through Paypal that says in order to be covered by buyer protection it has to be filed within 30 days?

"Timelines

If you haven't received an item, you can open a case after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after making payment (if no estimated delivery date was provided). If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case after receiving the item. You must open a case within 45 days of making payment.

The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund.

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, and 7 days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to eBay. If we determine you're owed a full refund, we'll ask you to send the item back to the seller with delivery confirmation (plus signature confirmation for items that are $250.00 and above), and we'll issue you a refund within 3 days of the seller receiving the item."

Is funny how everyone is getting the same email even if you didn't get a word or neg his sorry (___i_#_)

Quote from this d0u(hebag for those to see who are not in for the ride:

Was there anytime where I didnt answer your questions immediately? I kept you constantly updated all the time. Im not a thief or a scam artist. The books were stolen out of my car by someone who is shady. If I am so shady why did I let you know at every moment the status of things? If I was doing that I wouldve never responded to you period. I just had a ton of items stolen from me, have filed a police report, will be contacting my lcs, pawn shops & will be keeping an eye out on craigslist & ebay to see if anyone tries to dump it. I am contacting my ins to see if it is covered. I'm out alot of money in items stolen from me & I never thought that I would have this happen so I didnt hold the funds until they were received by the buyers. I will start crediting people this w/e when I have some $ to do so. I still do have some personal copies I will be sending out to some of my buyers, probably those who didnt accuse me of the things you did. I understand your upset & you will be refunded.

Yup. Same message. This was my response to him:

Listen, I understand the situation and it totally sucks. I didn't accuse u of scamming anyone. mess happens, I get that. You have to see other peoples side of it. We've all waited for a month for shipping and oddly enough the day things are supposed to be shipped, they are stolen? My problem is that I'm not a bank and can't just write off $. I understand you didn't expect this to happen but personally if I sell someone something and have their money, I'm going to wait to spend it till they get the product. I told eBay that you have been in contact with me and have been trying to help but i do need to follow their protocol. I'm just trying to protect myself here, just like you are.

And his response to that:

I'm sorry you just said I was Shady. I do understand your frustration. I just don't have the money to do credits before this w/e when I get paid. I had alot of items stolen & now I'm out of the money & books. My ebay fees are coming out as well & there around $700. I'm going to be getting into my personal books & sending those out to some of my buyers.

This is why I stated earlier that I get leary when people go on vacation while the sale ends even though people were disagreeing with me. Yes, not everyone is shady or should be waved as a red flag because they post an item then go on vacation, but for me personally I prefer not to deal with them.

I get leary for this exact reason, buyer goes on vacation and even openly mentions it in his listing, great, but guess what, that's x amount of days after the auction ends that I now lost when it comes to the 30 day protection window. Because I assume he's on vacation for the next 25 days, now there's a 5 day window which could very easily just be his "handling time" which I have to account for, now his mess gets stolen and I no longer am protected cause the 30 days has passed.

Yup. Same message. This was my response to him:

Listen, I understand the situation and it totally sucks. I didn't accuse u of scamming anyone. mess happens, I get that. You have to see other peoples side of it. We've all waited for a month for shipping and oddly enough the day things are supposed to be shipped, they are stolen? My problem is that I'm not a bank and can't just write off $. I understand you didn't expect this to happen but personally if I sell someone something and have their money, I'm going to wait to spend it till they get the product. I told eBay that you have been in contact with me and have been trying to help but i do need to follow their protocol. I'm just trying to protect myself here, just like you are.

And his response to that:

I'm sorry you just said I was Shady. I do understand your frustration. I just don't have the money to do credits before this w/e when I get paid. I had alot of items stolen & now I'm out of the money & books. My ebay fees are coming out as well & there around $700. I'm going to be getting into my personal books & sending those out to some of my buyers.

thats funny cuz i didn't get that new message from him .. so he is answering them accordingly it seems like after the first 2 generic emails that was sent out to all buyers ...

I just told him to save his drama from his mama cuz i could gives two flying f.cuk about his stupidity ... seriously, who leaves all packages inside a unattended car overnight? LMAO .. for those feeling sorry for him, you are just as dumb as he is when he thought of that excuse.