• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

No argument here.

I do think though,that more than a few people thought it was "approved" already when its not even at -script stage,let alone approval/pilot

Just have a funny feeling about this one - that something else will come along first and push it back.

Powers is now nearly re-written

Revival is a big hit and lets be honest,is a natural to run alongside TWD and eventually replace it? (I'm asking not telling...lol)

The only downside to revivals "optioning" - (which is a done deal according to some itk on here) - is wether World War Z will be the tipping point for the 'Zombie' / 'undead' genre - ie The Walking Dead will be left on its own to run its course and something new will hit the market?

Plus Y - The Last Man as well.

good points, but is AMC the target for all those?

if you read or listen to the kirkman interviews from around SDCC time, he talks at length that AMC sought him out, and that Thief of Thieves was being created with the intention of them using it.

The pilot will be written for sure, and since it isnt something that's been pitched, but sought out, i just dont see WHY they wouldnt make it. To me the threat would be, not if a pilot is made, but whether it sucks or not.

i think ToT is different than the rest, if only because of the kirkman AMC relationship, and the way in which the optioning was pre-determined.

Anything is possible, but i think this one is a sure bet to get at least the pilot made.

Revival rumor had no mention of it being optioned just that Dre had heard "news" on it, what that news could be, well it could be anything.

I see ToT as being like Breaking Bad for thieves and see a lot of potential there as I am sure Kirkman and AMC do. Revival on the other hand would step on Walking Deads toes which no one wants right now and any time soon because it is a monster of a show.

Revival rumor had no mention of it being optioned just that Dre had heard "news" on it, what that news could be, well it could be anything.

I see ToT as being like Breaking Bad for thieves and see a lot of potential there as I am sure Kirkman and AMC do. Revival on the other hand would step on Walking Deads toes which no one wants right now and any time soon because it is a monster of a show.

I read that thing of Dre's. Other than a TV show/movie, what could it be? It's already an ongoing, so it cant be a mini turning to ongoing. Is there really any thing other than TV show/movie that can be positive news financially for a book that is already hot?

@revival being tv showed, and similar to Walking Dead.....I am pretty sure that would be the point wouldnt it? Not AMC, but someone like HBO, etc, trying to get "their" walking dead....

Looks like a TV show is a long,long way away ,if at all.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68022

well, no real news there. Writing a pilot, same as before. Being done concurrently with the comics, same as before.

and the timeframe was always Fall 2013 at the earliest for a show, to my understanding also.

walking dead and kirkman is AMC's meal ticket, they requested something else to make a show from, and this is it. the pilot will get made, no reason not to.

my 2c

(thumbs u

I disagree. When a show is successful, producers want to fill spots before and after the show with similar material to keep the fan base watching and boosting ratings. Just my 2c

I disagree. When a show is successful, producers want to fill spots before and after the show with similar material to keep the fan base watching and boosting ratings. Just my 2c

100% (thumbs u

Aother 'interested party' - in confidence had stated he had also heard about an offer to Seeley about aquiring the TV rights.

Tim S is on here sometimes

Yo Tim!

You the next Kirkman baby?? :headbang:

So more on the story. What's the next arc and is the police lady pissed because there some sexual tension between the two of them? :devil:

Think the next arc is a combination of the sons troubles (girlfriend in trouble / he owes $$$) and a big heist the father (main character) has to pull.

My 2c

only 3 bidders ramping that one up, i'd be suspicious. Any lot, with a 9.6+ copy of #1 1st print will be strong imo though.

Just read issue #8 and I have to wonder why anyone would not like this series? This is classic spy vs spy or cop vs robber stuff. It's routing for the bad guy and trying to figure out how he's going to get out of this one. These storylines are what makes shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad so popular. We just love to see how our guy outsmarts the law even when we secretly know they should be caught.

I hope sometime in the future the son gets to team up with his dad and learn how to be a bit smarter. So far he's been a dismal failure and just keeps getting his father deeper and deeper into trouble. :facepalm: