• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Hmmmm.

I know we have to suspend disbelief when reading comics, but I really hate all that "greatest assassin in the world", "greatest thief ever", "world's greatest detective" stuff. Seems unnecessarily bombastic - it's so subjective. Do they have a world cup of thieves every four years?

Yours,

Buzz Killington III

(Pedant of Pedants)

I'd think it would be a pretty easy title to award. The thief who stole an item with the highest value or stole the highest amount of cash.

Assuming you are a good thief, then you wouldn't want anyone knowing it was you that stole it. Which makes being the greatest thief less desirable.

Hmmmm.

I know we have to suspend disbelief when reading comics, but I really hate all that "greatest assassin in the world", "greatest thief ever", "world's greatest detective" stuff. Seems unnecessarily bombastic - it's so subjective. Do they have a world cup of thieves every four years?

Yours,

Buzz Killington III

(Pedant of Pedants)

I'd think it would be a pretty easy title to award. The thief who stole an item with the highest value or stole the highest amount of cash.

Assuming you are a good thief, then you wouldn't want anyone knowing it was you that stole it. Which makes being the greatest thief less desirable.

That's a pretty good point. hm

So, now that ToT has been added to the CGC Registry, I was going over the list to create my set and see they have the following ToT #1's listed:

a) ToT #1

b) ToT #1 ComicsPro Edition

c) ToT #1 Convention Edition

d) ToT #1 Image Expo Edition

e) ToT #1 2nd, 3rd 4th & 5th Printings

Someone please help me out; I am aware of the existence of all the ToT #1's on the list except for the "ToT #1 Convention Edition" which I am not familiar with. If someone could shed some light as to what the cover for this one looks like and what Con was it available at? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

So, now that ToT has been added to the CGC Registry, I was going over the list to create my set and see they have the following ToT #1's listed:

a) ToT #1

Someone please help me out; I am aware of the existence of all the ToT #1's on the list except for the "ToT #1 Convention Edition" which I am not familiar with. If someone could shed some light as to what the cover for this one looks like and what Con was it available at? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

One of those must be the sketch variant?

a) ToT #1

ToTRegular.jpg

ToTComicsPro.jpg

questionmark.jpg

ToTExpo.jpg

Thanks!

and i proved it :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thief-of-Thieves-1-Image-Expo-Variant-CGC-9-4-SS-Signed-by-Kirkman-Spencer-/160873051031?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2574c7f397&nma=true&si=c0E%2FqdOIK82LE4dhSiX1E5f48VY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

saw on the census only the so called "Convention Edition" had a 9.4 SS (besides the regular 1st print) and found it on ebay.

You can zoom in on the picture and see that it is labeled as such, but is the Image Expo cover.

and i proved it :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thief-of-Thieves-1-Image-Expo-Variant-CGC-9-4-SS-Signed-by-Kirkman-Spencer-/160873051031?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2574c7f397&nma=true&si=c0E%2FqdOIK82LE4dhSiX1E5f48VY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

saw on the census only the so called "Convention Edition" had a 9.4 SS (besides the regular 1st print) and found it on ebay.

You can zoom in on the picture and see that it is labeled as such, but is the Image Expo cover.

Seems like you absolutely solved this! But why would it be "double listed" if it's the same book ???

Seems like you absolutely solved this! But why would it be "double listed" if it's the same book ???

my gut says the early ones were labeled that, and then they got a proper name on it, but have to keep it on the registry because slabs out there say it.

Other thing I could see, was there a second delivery method of the Image Expo book? DF type version or something, where they were subtled changed by a different distribution method? That's the only thing i can think of, and i wasnt paying attention at the time to know, so someone more steeped in it might be able answer.

Most likely though, they just didnt name it properly originally.