• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

This book was the first blockbuster from last year, is only getting better and with all the crazed talks of TV on the way-- it actually has a -script written (not in talks, or coming down the pike, etc).

If you'd like to sell, please PM me first.

I'm actually dumbfounded the ComicsPro isn't commanding Saga RRP prices. Just as rare, more developed than Saga, and has a TV show/Kirkman's name attached. Go figure.

The cover to the Saga RRP is iconic. It's got a Star Wars-esque look and feel to it that is only heightened by the Disney purchase. TOT is a neat book. Clever and well drawn, but doesn't have the crossover appeal that Saga seems to have.

Every issue of ToT that I read though leaves me with a feeling as if I've just watched an episode of a TV show. I can't wait to find out what happens next and I think it is easily transferable to the small screen.

If (an I mean IF) ToT is given the green light then those variants are gonna sky rocket like crazy. But you all know taht.

This book was the first blockbuster from last year, is only getting better and with all the crazed talks of TV on the way-- it actually has a -script written (not in talks, or coming down the pike, etc).

I'm actually dumbfounded the ComicsPro isn't commanding Saga RRP prices. Just as rare, more developed than Saga, and has a TV show/Kirkman's name attached. Go figure.

The cover to the Saga RRP is iconic. It's got a Star Wars-esque look and feel to it that is only heightened by the Disney purchase. TOT is a neat book. Clever and well drawn, but doesn't have the crossover appeal that Saga seems to have.

It's iconic? Has CGC given it the classic cover treatment? Also, Disney purchases the franchise, which in some odd correlation is helping Saga? Is Disney picking up Saga because of the cover? What? Huh? Help?

Also, just like with Chew, the book doesn't need a show. It'll help speculators, but can comic books just be good without shows nowadays?

You're confusing "good" with "worth a lot of money". Of course comics can be good without shows.

I guess you don't have any.

Image Expo was 500 printed?

yes, comicspro estimate around 350ish

do you have any :baiting: or just those x4 signed ones lol lol cause those are just terrible...... :o

edit:

on the show, that's the point. AMC solicited it before the comic was even written, ToT will be the one that actually gets made, unlike all these other shows that will never actually happen.

When it does, it will be insanity panic on here to get copies.

holding onto our two comics pro covers for a long while, wish we were holding onto two saga RRP covers instead lol then again we paid $10/ea for the comicspro

bummed we didn't pony up the cash to grab one of those RRPs while they were not as ridiculously expensive though

even if someone doesn't like the saga RRP cover (I think its gorgeous and way better than a lot of the regular issues) the ToT comicspro cover is just....boring and simple

It's iconic? Has CGC given it the classic cover treatment? Also, Disney purchases the franchise, which in some odd correlation is helping Saga? Is Disney picking up Saga because of the cover? What? Huh? Help?

Yes, I believe the simplicity and colors used for the RRP make it a strong contender to be an iconic cover. Some of the best covers of the modern age were also some of the most "boring".

Don't agree ? -Here's some examples :

Spider-man 1

ASM 300

Dark Knight Returns 1

Watchmen 1

Superman 75

Of course, only time will tell. CGC hasn't given the "classic cover " notation on a lot of books that collectors feel are indeed classic or iconic.

Disney buying the Star Wars franchise just raises the public awareness. I used to work in video stores during my college years and whenever an actor passed away, people would come out of the woodwork to rent the older films they were in. The news reports of the person's demise simply "reminded" people of this person. Same principle here.

hanging on to my last copy of ToT 1 (9.8)...feel no burning desire to unload it.

Yeah, I have a raw copy that is an easy 9.8 and have no desire to sell it.....unless it's all of a sudden a $1000 book lol

i'm sure I can eventually be persuaded...