• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new "Amazing Spider-Man" Trailer

146 posts in this topic

Has promise, and I like the idea of bringing out his parents' past, but

- Is Spidey like the Dark Knight? Every scene is at night, and there's little humor or charm

- Where's J. Jonah?

Regardless how good this looks the one thing I can't stand is seeing Spider-Man without his mask fighting SO MANY TIMES.

Other then that I can't wait for it to come and all the speculatin in the Lizard books :applause:

The film looks passable and slickly produced, if somewhat formulaic. Leary is not the fatherly four-color version of Captain Stacy - he usually just plays himself anyway. As for Spidey and Gwen, it all looks a bit emo (so no change there). Not even remotely as skilled a reinterpretation of a franchise as Nolan's Batman (which should comfortably trump all other comic movies this year), but then there doesn't seem to be much ambition here.

I saw The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus , and I haven't seen any other trailers for the ASM (if there are any) I was excited for this guy to be Peter.

Having said that, and seeing this trailer.... I'm not sure how the actors are going to work with this film. I thought I would be more excited seeing this, it just felt like something didn't fit. I hope that feeling goes away. It may be underwhelming because I just worked a 12 hr night shift and had a few beers. Regardless I am excited to see it.

Regardless how good this looks the one thing I can't stand is seeing Spider-Man without his mask fighting SO MANY TIMES.

I was thinking the same exact thing. As smart as he is, you would think he could keep his mask on better. I'm just happy to see web-shooters and The Lizard! :banana: