• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Luther Strode

92 posts in this topic

I don't think you need the brutality to translate the book into tv or film. I think the uber violence is intentional in the comic because people are desensitized to violence in comics. If you got the book green lit for a tv show or film, I imagine that the screen writer would scale it back substantially.

Luther Strode's artist Tradd Moore will be at HeroesCon, New York Comic Con, and likely be at Baltimore, and Philly. Writer Justin Jordan will be at all four. We also have a signing set up at Larry's Comics on Free Comic Book day as well as a few signings elsewhere on the east coast in the next few months. Tradd also, has a Luther Strode art gallery starting on April 6th that runs for almost two months at The Rogues Gallery in Chicago! Further information is available at http://rogues.challengerscomics.com/ .

Haha I don't know, I love the art in this thing and that ending was not what I expected at all. I'm hoping that it picks up a bunch of fans when the TPB comes out. I think since it was a 6 issue mini a lot of people are sleeping on it. It did sell well enough though for the second mini to be announced already :)

I have a couple of those #6 sketch variants coming. Not sure who i'll get to do a sketch on the back but should be cool.

Also I love his recent Invincible + Atom Eve sketch!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gPEzaCyZ_R8/T2jNMlQbapI/AAAAAAAABIA/LypBJIonL2o/s1600/atomeve_blog.jpg

so much garbage out there and this flies totally under the radar.

I couldn't agree more. It is definitely under appreciated.

Now that the mini series is over, what is everyone's favorite page, panel, cover, etc.

I think my favorite page is the last page of issue. This is my favorite panel:

luther_strode_1_violence_2.jpg

I'm also partial to some of the Petra pages because of how well the subplot regarding her abuse is written. I think Justin Jordan does a great job with her character. She's complex and strong and dead sexy. The dodge ball page from issue one is also classic.

I can't say that I enjoyed violence that was inflicted upon those near and dear to out hero, but they were well done for that exact reason. The damage inflicted on our heroes was painful for readers to witness and this is rare in comics. As disturbing as the images were in, for example, the Killing Joke, even Allen Moore didn't do as good a job creating an emotional bond with readers before he crippled Barbra Gordon. That isn't to say that Moore is not incredible talented or that he wouldn't have done precisely what I'm talking about if he had more issues, it's to say that Jordan and Moore did a hell of a job making readers care about the characters in this book. What does everyone else think?

If anyone is interested in Luther Strode Original Art, send me a PM and I'll give you contact information for Tradd Moore. The art is very reasonably priced and there is a lot of great stuff left.

This is the cover to the regional variant of issue number 6 (which I think is still for sale on ebay, and limited to 1,000 copies). In my opinion it's a smokin' hot cover!

6966662901_9eb65d8a06_z.jpg

Does anyone have any good ideas for a sketch for the blank back cover of the Larry's Comic variant? I'm sure Tradd Moore could come up with something super cool, but I didn't know if anyone else had a couple ideas that they were willing to share. Thanks!

luthorfull.jpg

I got mine from ebay. I think it's a Larry's Comics variant. My recollection is that they run $20 a pop. Believe it or not, they look even nicer in person. If you look earlier in this thread, I listed where Tradd Moore and Justin Jordan are appearing so board members will be able to plan getting their CGC SS sketch covers done. I think the cover is limited to 1,000.