• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legend of Luther Strode

92 posts in this topic

It has been next to impossible to find a CGC 9.8 Luther Strode #1. I've been trying for about 8 weeks ... I've picked up over 10 raw copies are are flawed ... there is one board member with 2 9.6s ... anyone else have this problem. I'm really looking forward to issue number 6. Also hyped about the variant cover of issue 6. Does anyone know who is producing that book, if there is a scheduled signing event, etc.? Thanks!

I have been looking for these everywhere...FINALLY got lucky and found some at Vintage Stock. I bought #1 and #2. I must have gotten lucky, because my #1 looks to be in really good shape. Probably at least a 9.6 with a possible shot at 9.8.

Is 8k the print run on #1?

Good series...more violent than I expected, but I enjoyed it.

It has been next to impossible to find a CGC 9.8 Luther Strode #1. I've been trying for about 8 weeks ... I've picked up over 10 raw copies are are flawed ... there is one board member with 2 9.6s ... anyone else have this problem. I'm really looking forward to issue number 6. Also hyped about the variant cover of issue 6. Does anyone know who is producing that book, if there is a scheduled signing event, etc.? Thanks!

From what I can tell, #1 had a rough print run. Plenty of 9.6 copies, but few 9.8 due to small spine ticks.

Every one had small spine ticks, but some looked like the comic was bent in hald or thirds. I even posted in the WTB section of the boards and got no responses. There is one board member who has two 9.6s that he wants $80 each for. I know this is a hot book, but I didn't realize it was that hot!?

I'm really interested in seeing where issue number goes and what is going on with the next two limited series. The Legend of Luther Strode and the Legacy of Luther Strode makes me afraid that are favorite hero dies.

I know we talk an awful lot about this or that comic book being a great idea for a TV show or film, but I think this baby has all the potential in the world to be a major motion picture. I'd like to see John Heater play Luther. I think it would dynomite (sorry for the lame pun). I hope the creators are aggressive about shopping this book to Hollywood. Clearly you would tame down the violence a little bit, but otherwise the text will translate perfectly.

My 2 cents.

From what I can tell, #1 had a rough print run. Plenty of 9.6 copies, but few 9.8 due to small spine ticks.

Every one had small spine ticks, but some looked like the comic was bent in hald or thirds. I even posted in the WTB section of the boards and got no responses. There is one board member who has two 9.6s that he wants $80 each for. I know this is a hot book, but I didn't realize it was that hot!?

I'm really interested in seeing where issue number goes and what is going on with the next two limited series. The Legend of Luther Strode and the Legacy of Luther Strode makes me afraid that are favorite hero dies.

I know we talk an awful lot about this or that comic book being a great idea for a TV show or film, but I think this baby has all the potential in the world to be a major motion picture. I'd like to see John Heater play Luther. I think it would dynomite (sorry for the lame pun). I hope the creators are aggressive about shopping this book to Hollywood. Clearly you would tame down the violence a little bit, but otherwise the text will translate perfectly.

My 2 cents.

i, for one, wish we could enjoy the books for what they are rather than to pine for them in another medium. Hollywood's track record is so bad that i'd rather enjoy them in the state they were intended rather than to see them butchered to accomodate a bigger audience. but that's me.

My 2 cents.

i, for one, wish we could enjoy the books for what they are rather than to pine for them in another medium. Hollywood's track record is so bad that i'd rather enjoy them in the state they were intended rather than to see them butchered to accomodate a bigger audience. but that's me.

Point well taken ... if titles were selling 300K copies like they did in the 90s I wouldn't be so anxious for film and tv adaptions but the artists and writers who give us so much joy deserve the money that they can only achieve in Hollywood. This particular title would just make a damb good movie. Jordan has indicated that the reason the comic is so extreme with its depiction of violence is because he wants the readers to have an emotional response. I tend to agree with him that we don't appreciate the emotions we should when we read comics because of the medium. It's just too hard to do in a comic. I think if you tappered off the violence in a movie adaption that it would be a great film. The domestic violence issues, school bullying issues and characters very well done. Petra steals every page she's on. Pete and Luther's dialogue is spot on and reminds me of conversations I had at that age with my friends and the unnerving situations I felt when my friends talked to my mom. The only real criticisms I have for the book is that I would like to have seen certain relationships and matters explored in more detail (e.g., Luther and his mom's relationship with Luther's abusive father, Petra's DV situation, etc.). In a 120 minute film, the writers could knock these issues out and make a super hero title that says something very meaningful about social issues that are often ignored. Victims of domestic violence don't have money for K Street management consultants to persuade legislators to do the right thing. I think the title suceeds with its subtle exploration of these issues and shines becuase of the strong characters who keep fighting despite the abuse they endure. Apparently there is more material that Justin Jordan is ready to share with his readers and it may be a show that would work on TV. AMC, FX and a select few networs have done some really courageous work in the last five years. I'd be interested in seeing what they could come up with for this show. At the very least, I want to see Petra cast as a person. :idea:

I'm not sure that the creators would be hell bent on a TV or film.adaption being comparably violent. I can't remember what issue it was, but Jordan states in an interview orhis letter section that the ultaviolence was so the violence would mean something (& he discusses how we are desensitzed to violence, etc.). Do you think the uber violence is necessary?

Read the first 5 issues and enjoyed them - a slightly different take on the skinny geek gets super-powers story.

Not sure if the uber violence is necessary but it certainly makes the book have an impact.

Super excited about the last issue of the mini and looking forward to the Legend of Luther Strode later this year. I hope that Jordan and Moore give us information about their upcoming comic. I read that they and John Layman and Rob Guilory are each doing a short story for an issue of Skullkickers.

Read the last issue - not much plot but lots of uber violence.

I thought there was s lot going on in the last issue ... Bug reveal regarding Luther's true nemises, the untimely death of his best friend & mom, Luther discovering the extent of his powers & there wasn't much dialogue between Luther and Petra but a ton off emotion.