• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie Publications in high grade
3 3

226 posts in this topic

Man, some of those pristine copies seem to be printer rejects. I have bought a Weird volume 12, issue 2 from my favorite UK seller and it was like 1/4th-1/5th inch cut too short.

I sent it back for a swap since he had 2 other pristine copies. One was just as bad, the other slightly better, but still unacceptable. What do you think? Are those issues that weren't sold back then because they were blems?

Here's what it looked like.

Short.jpg

Here's the better version:

Shortv2.JPG

Another collector showed me his beat up version and it had the correct height, nothing chopped off.

Man, some of those pristine copies seem to be printer rejects. I have bought a Weird volume 12, issue 2 from my favorite UK seller and it was like 1/4th-1/5th inch cut too short.

I sent it back for a swap since he had 2 other pristine copies. One was just as bad, the other slightly better, but still unacceptable. What do you think? Are those issues that weren't sold back then because they were blems?

Here's what it looked like.

Short.jpg

Here's the better version:

Shortv2.JPG

Another collector showed me his beat up version and it had the correct height, nothing chopped off.

I saw some issue with the same problem. I think it's related to poor production

Well, now that I'm paying attention to that I see it a lot! In my own collection and on eBay as well. Considering what those high grade books go for it's a shame that sellers still ask $30 for them even though today those would be considered blems.

It seem to be the later issues, starting around Weird Volume 11. Previous books aren't really cut precisely either, but there's not half a cm missing!

Well, now that I'm paying attention to that I see it a lot! In my own collection and on eBay as well. Considering what those high grade books go for it's a shame that sellers still ask $30 for them even though today those would be considered blems.

It seem to be the later issues, starting around Weird Volume 11. Previous books aren't really cut precisely either, but there's not half a cm missing!

I have 2 copies of this particular issue. Big difference.

weirdsept1979.jpg

I have 2 copies of this particular issue. Big difference.

weirdsept1979.jpg

Yes, that's what I mean! Like some of those print batches were simply cut in the wrong format. Seems to have happened with later Harris issues only though. That's really too bad. One seller in the UK usually has more than 1 copy listed in their auctions, but he only takes 1 pictures so it's a gamble. At least it's easy to return them for me.

It's so quiet in here, hmm... Something I made for s-h-i-t-s & giggles...

Weird-Faux.jpg

And my wall-art I created by combining 2 different issues of the Perry Rhodan book it had originally appeared in in order to recreate an approximation of the original painting (which I've never seen).

Poster.jpg

Edited by ArKay

Quite a few of those German Perry Rhodan Sci-Fi pulp covers were reused on Eerie Pubs in 1971. This is the only one I liked. The quality of the cover on the original issue of Weird is very bad so I just had to remaster it :D

Amazing thread and killer books! Does anybody know if there are specific issues of Eerie Pub mags that are particularly scarce or sought after?

Welllllllll...Generally. 1966-1970 issues are the most difficult with the 1977-1982 Terrors of Dracula, Weird Vampire Tales and Weird books being tough.

Outside of that it's really the covers with the most gruesome stuff going on, or just clinic-ly insane.

I've seen raw issues of Terror Tales Issue #1 & #2 fetch upwards of $350 in VF or so condition. You rarely, rarely, rarely see issues in the 1966-1969 camp in VF/NM or better. The paper on these were cheap and so was the ink, I've seen so much damn ink rub on the back covers on these darn things :pullhair:

- b :insane: unty

Hello,

It's a long shot but I'm hoping someone may be able to help track down a horror comic from my youth.

I'm UK-based and I saw it sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s. It was gorier than usual. One of the stories -- possibly the first one -- involved police bursting into a house around which was scattered many dismembered limbs, which were shown in close-up (!). One of the police exclaims that it's like a butcher's shop or a charnel house.

I'm asking in this thread because the covers here ring a bell. Thanks in advance and apologies for the lack of details!