• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrilling Comics...scarce issues?

34 posts in this topic

thr2178a.jpg:o
Yep, I'm guessing that one won't go cheap at all....probably four times Guide EASY, and perhaps a bit more.

Occasionally, I get an email from Metro/CC asking if I want to part with my 9.0, and I always politely decline, so I'm guessing there is at least one deep pocket in the running. Cheetah is another likely candidate. Roy too. I'd be shocked if it doesn't go for at least $5k, and maybe closer to $7k-$8k when it comes up for auction in a few months.

thr2178a.jpg:o

Is that coming up on CC?

I don't know what it is about that book that captivates me. I know Red and Purple are fashion faux pas but I love them together. Throw in the skull (this is 19 frigging 40 remember) and you have something really beautiful and ahead of it's time.

I may throw a bid in but don't think I'll be able to keep up with the big boys on this one.

Besides, I have dibs on Jive's copy.

:sumo:

There's something like 33 MH Thrillings in the auction. I think it might border on overkill at this point. There ought to be enough to make everyone happy though I have to think the hammer prices might suffer.

There's something like 33 MH Thrillings in the auction. I think it might border on overkill at this point. There ought to be enough to make everyone happy though I have to think the hammer prices might suffer.

If memory serves, the a large run of Church Thrillings was available from Metro a few years ago for something in the six figures. Market for MH Thrillings was still developing at the time.

I would probably portion it out....perhaps 5-10 issues max over several auctions. All of them in one shot may in fact be more then the market can absorb, and still have each one reach its full pricing potential.

I would spend $5k on this book and I don't even collect this title. I think whatever you think its going to sell for, add a few thousand. I'm guessing that a few big hitters are going to try and keep at least the early run of these books together, its going to be a war. :popcorn:

I guess $5k is the floor for the book.

I wouldn't be shocked at $7k-$8k.

I would be shocked at $10k.

But again...

Classic cover.

First Schomburg comic cover at Nedor.

Super scarce book.

Church copy.

It could get wild and wholly.

George it looks like a perfect upgrade opportunity for you? You will be able to command a kings ransom for your copy. hm

I doubt I'll be in the mix if it goes past, say, $7k. There are other books in the run I'd much rather spend the money on. I'm quite content with my 9.0.