• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book men tonight on AMC after Walking Dead

265 posts in this topic

Well, that seals it for me. Tonight's episode only confirmed that this is the worst produced show I've ever seen. I will not be watching it any more.

The Travel Channel's Toy Hunter was the antidote to :censored:Comic Book Men. I can't say enough good things about tonight's show. (I've never heard of or seen it before.)

The guy was enthusiastic and not one scene was centered on making an imbecile out of someone else. Everyone who appeared was having fun and loved toy collecting. It was impossible to watch and not get jazzed about Super Powers, Star Wars, Thunder Cats, and the like.

Basically it started with a budget, traveling to seek out rare toys, and ended with a booth at New York Comic Con. Good high quality TV, one hour that flew by. :applause: (thumbs u

toy-hunters-travel-channel-.jpg

Man, I was just about to post about this show! Very entertaining. The guy was obviously a knowledgeable insider, and loved the hobby. It reminded me a lot of Hollywood Treasures, which is also a decent show. Do you know if that was the first episode of Toy Hunters? I'd like to watch more.

Man, I was just about to post about this show! Very entertaining. The guy was obviously a knowledgeable insider, and loved the hobby. It reminded me a lot of Hollywood Treasures, which is also a decent show. Do you know if that was the first episode of Toy Hunters? I'd like to watch more.

I really don't know. I just happened to flip over to it after watching Justified. So hopefully it will keep that timeslot. :wishluck:

I hate to preach to such a large choir, but I must say this was a huge squandered opportunity.

It could have featured a high end shop with a knowledgeable, insightful staff having real substantive conversations about our hobby and the comic industry. Instead it's a bunch of hyper-stereotypical comic dorks with limited real knowledge having conversations about what superpower they would choose.

The Asian guy is the closest they have to normal and they treat him like he's the outcast.

I hate to preach to such a large choir, but I must say this was a huge squandered opportunity.

It could have featured a high end shop with a knowledgeable, insightful staff having real substantive conversations about our hobby and the comic industry. Instead it's a bunch of hyper-stereotypical comic dorks with limited real knowledge having conversations about what superpower they would choose.

The Asian guy is the closest they have to normal and they treat him like he's the outcast.

spot on analysis