• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions About Original Art

21 posts in this topic

i have been doing some homework in this field and what i am finding from talking to Hari, Stephen and a few others that one of the reasons art is hard to gauge prices , otehr than the obvious it's one of a kind, is that art seems to be traded and sold privately more so than comics. Sure stuff gets auctioned on Heritage and Ebay, but ALOT is never offered to the public. So, how do you track a piece of art and determine the value if it's goes from one collector to another without public knowledge. Although there are collectors who seem to be "in the know" , not everyone is.

I find that panel pages aren't as sought after and you can get a great page with alot of action, alot of that particular person (batman, superman, etc...) and still come away with a steal. I picked up an Aparo page that has Batman in every panel , action and all, for less than a hundred bucks. Where's an Aparo cover is in the 3-5 thousand range...at leas that's what i see them selling for -