• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Graded Kull the Conqueror #5 - what do you think?

25 posts in this topic

Just got this book back last week and was curious what you thought without yet revealing the grade.

I called and there are no grader's notes and the page quality is white.

Thanks for your thoughts. No hidden agenda or rant - just curious.

I added some larger scans below

438bd30b.jpg

fdf5633a.jpg

the only thing that can throw a monkey wrench into the high grade is the edge of the bc. I am seeing things that could be light stain but I think it is just the funky shade and not a stain.

No stain that I can see in hand and again nothing noted by the graders.

lets hope there are notes on the book to explain why it got a lower grades than the majority of guessers :P

otherwise, it will be just one of the head scratcher that can't be explain from just looking at the scans.

lets hope there are notes on the book to explain why it got a lower grades than the majority of guessers :P

otherwise, it will be just one of the head scratcher that can't be explain from just looking at the scans.

:gossip:

I called and there are no grader's notes.

bummer.

I have had a few head scratchder and each time that I cracked out the book, I saw things i didn't want to see....Each time I cracked a slab that thought CGC got it wrong, i got the bad news because it was something I missed. i am just not lucky enough to have CGC made a mistake on one of m book :roflmao:

This one was a head-scratcher for me - it is a solid book in hand but I can't deny I may have missed something. I thought maybe a stain on the interior or tear or something but nothing was noted.

That's not to say the grade assigned isn't accurate and I may be missing something or just have higher expectations than I should.

When I get home and off the IPhone, I'll post the grade and full CGC slab pic.