• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Tony Moore ever done a sketch opp for these boards before?

52 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has ever been able to in the past to organize a sketch opp for the boards with Tony Moore. I know a few of you are really close to Tony and his wife Kara and I was wondering if this happened before how things went.

Any chance of him doing one this year, especially now with all the negative publicity with the lawsuit against Kirkman. This would be a good way to show he is in it for the fans and to gain way more support from the boards. If not sketches, at least sigs plus remarks to help show our support to him and his thanks to his true fans?

I know wishful thinking but maybe one day. If someone could organize this for the 2012 year you would be the true King of Comics. :)

No, and he won't do sketch covers...period.

Sigs with remarks again I know he did that before? Has he ever done sketch covers?

Personalize the hell out of it if the concern is people reselling it but dangit show some love to the diehard fans. :(

Do something really cool and out of nowhere for the fans so we throw our full support behind him and we show no love towards Kirkman.

No, and he loves cancelling the London show after one of his fans specifically buys tickets to go see him even though he had to take special leave for this and has to travel 9 hours with two kids in the back seat to make it and already reserving two nights at a hotel in London...

No, and he loves cancelling the London show after one of his fans specifically buys tickets to go see him even though he had to take special leave for this and has to travel 9 hours with two kids in the back seat to make it and already reserving two nights at a hotel in London...

:facepalm:

That is kind of cold, was a reason ever given publicly for him cancelling the show last minute??

Sorry it happened Hector.

I dont get the whole i wont sketch .

I mean i get Mcfarlane doing it since he has 100000 things going on and he did his part in the past but Tony should do stuff for ther fans here and there .

It really sucks for the fans that would just like to have a piece hung on their wall or just for their collection as brendanb438 was saying .

How about everyone just boycott's him. I don't get the lawsuit either.

Yes, you created a vision of a character for Walking Dead. But guess what, it was the writer who summed it up for you. Image gave him a nice paycheck, now the jerk wants more money?

How about this, ride the popularity out! Get some prints! Make signs, co-creator of the characters.. Or ..visionair...

How about everyone just boycott's him. I don't get the lawsuit either.

Yes, you created a vision of a character for Walking Dead. But guess what, it was the writer who summed it up for you. Image gave him a nice paycheck, now the jerk wants more money?

How about this, ride the popularity out! Get some prints! Make signs, co-creator of the characters.. Or ..visionair...

Adonis is vexed ! lol

I get people taking sides in the whole kirkman / moore thing . Don't really know what moore is asking for but it is obvious that Kirkman is the man behind what made the series popular . I personally love kirkmans stuff and his writing is what got me back into reading and collecting comics again .

Moore's actions for a fans point of view is sucky . Compared to other artist i see that make the fans feel like they are appreciated since it's them that pay your bills , moore's actions seem to try to make as much money of each fan as he can , witch he has the right to do but don't expect the fans to be happy with it .

It's sad to see 2 friends fight over money and hope they solve that problem.

What pisses me off is that Tony Moore won't do sketch covers. He could make a killing if he wanted. And if he was concerned about e-bay, charge $400 for them People would pay that much for them, and if he does ten a show = $4,000 not counting print sales.

Just saying.

why would he care about ebay , is he going to stop drawing comics because walking dead#1 use to sell for 2.99 and now it sells for 600+ and people shouldn't profit from his work without him getting all of the earnings ?

People say stan Lee woudl sign anything but he does whatever he can to make the fans happy and they will always stand behind him . Even as they pay 100 $ per signature ,

i know JJ would disagree with me but Tony needs to get off his high horse and realise there are true fans that arn;t just buying stuff to make a buck .

From talking with people close to Moore, I don't think there is any chance of ever getting sketches done at this point.

it's his loss , it's money in his pockets and he doesn't have to sue his friend and pay off lawyers to get it .

why would he care about ebay , is he going to stop drawing comics because walking dead#1 use to sell for 2.99 and now it sells for 600+ and people shouldn't profit from his work without him getting all of the earnings ?

People say stan Lee woudl sign anything but he does whatever he can to make the fans happy and they will always stand behind him . Even as they pay 100 $ per signature ,

i know JJ would disagree with me but Tony needs to get off his high horse and realise there are true fans that arn;t just buying stuff to make a buck .

I'm a fan but if I can get an autograph cgc in my collection & also get an extra I brought off the shelf when it was worth nothing done ... I'm going to want to make a buck ... lol Is that wrong of me ?.. Does that not make me a true fan?.. (shrug) Whats funny is with any amount of time & $ put into it & profit made it would just go right back into the collection buying more twd or omnibus collections of it:)

there is nothing wrong with making a profit off your collection . It's a huge part of the comic industry and it makes it more fun to know a comic you got a while ago is actually work 200 x what you paid for it :)

From talking with people close to Moore, I don't think there is any chance of ever getting sketches done at this point.

well he still offers a sketch spot on ebay like adam hughes does, unless you're only talking about sketch covers and he also picks 2-4 commissions to do a day at a given show