• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Tony Moore ever done a sketch opp for these boards before?

52 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]Tony Moore

was at the right time

at the right place

for 6 issues.

After and before that

it’s an everyday/regular artist.[/font]

2c

I agree with the first part of your statement, but I don't think a regular comic artist could pull off a piece like Rick on horseback like Tony did.

was at the right time

at the right place

for 6 issues.

After and before that

2c

I agree with the first part of your statement, but I don't think a regular comic artist could pull off a piece like Rick on horseback like Tony did.

[font:Book Antiqua]Time will tell

That it’s the real test for any artist.[/font]

was at the right time

at the right place

for 6 issues.

After and before that

2c

[font:Book Antiqua]Time will tell

That it’s the real test for any artist.[/font]

Agreed.

This is angry fanboy behavior at its finest. You are actually criticizing an artist for not exploiting fans simply because it's counter to your personal wants. (shrug)

Everyone criticizes Moore for asking much higher prices after the success of the Walking Dead, are you out of your farking mind? It's the basic function of our Capitalist System; supply and demand. This is one of the hottest properties going right now. Ask yourself would you capitalize on it's success, or continue to do things that you felt compromised your artistic integrity.

Also, just because an artist, or any talent for that matter, doesn't acquiesce to a fan's every whim, does not make them ungrateful or egotistical. Contrary to popular belief, they are a bit more elevated above the Unicycle riding, Fez wearing, circus Bear.

Now stop whining all you man-baby nerds, and have a willing artist doodle on your funny books. :baiting:

I'm not criticizing, I just want to meet the dude in a show. I am a fan despite all the drama

Not directed at any one individual, but rather the reoccurring themes that seem to follow him around.

I feel bad that you made plans, which involved a lot of time and money, centered around seeing an artist and they then cancel. Also, having your kids in the car for 9 hours and receiving anything less than Sainthood, is just a proverbial kick in the coin purse.

I don't really blame Moore for making the decisions he's made. Sure, I'd really like a page of OA from one of the first six issues, but he's charging thousands of dollars for a single page (or seven thousand if we're talking about that water damaged cover to issue 17). He was smart to hold on to most of the OA because he was able to create the market for pages from the first six issues. If he had just sold them all willy nilly like at the beginning, i'm sure they'd command high prices, but not highly unreachable prices for people that just want something to call their own.

It just saddens me to see an artist get completely caught up in their own . Moore is disgruntled at the money that isn't entitled to him. He should get over his loss, move on, and do his job. (because as it would seem, by doing his job he is entitling himself to more money) Go figure! Boy I wish I could draw a picture and have my hand to paper worth 300/hour.