• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wasn't this the guy that was listed as a "less than honorable" guy ?

36 posts in this topic

Well on principle I wouldn't buy anything from him,because he owes Bob money. hm

Exactly what I was getting at with my original post, but apparently some boardies feel if books aren't raw, then what's the big deal ?! (shrug)

Of course everyone needs to decide their own moral compass, but I was always under the impression that one of the main purposes for these boards is to inform and "watch out " for other collectors.

Regardless of WHO it is, it's my feeling that when you attempt to pull a fast one on someone, then you're blacklisted. Whether it's a honest dealer or an unsuspecting collector, I would hope people would warn the person.

Well on principle I wouldn't buy anything from him,because he owes Bob money. hm

Exactly what I was getting at with my original post, but apparently some boardies feel if books aren't raw, then what's the big deal ?! (shrug)

Of course everyone needs to decide their own moral compass, but I was always under the impression that one of the main purposes for these boards is to inform and "watch out " for other collectors.

Regardless of WHO it is, it's my feeling that when you attempt to pull a fast one on someone, then you're blacklisted. Whether it's a honest dealer or an unsuspecting collector, I would hope people would warn the person.

I find that very noble of you.

Supporting the "good and honorable" seller is what makes a community solid as a rock.

I for one, wouldn't trade with a known unscrupulous person even if I made

serious money off the transaction.

You make your own morality path and I sleep well at night.

I actually bought something from him recently and didn't realize he had done this to Bob.

I'll be mentioning it to him when I get the chance.

(thumbs u

Exactly :applause:

:gossip: And isn't this the same arguement people have made on Robojo when he sells slabs...just boggles my mind that people support known scammers :doh:

Exactly :applause:

:gossip: And isn't this the same arguement people have made on Robojo when he sells slabs...just boggles my mind that people support known scammers :doh:

If everyone took this mindset,the scammers would just die on the vine.

In addition I would like to post this additional information about the books because I forgot something that showed me all dealers are not alike.

The three books sold for

AS #6 9.0, sold for $975 in Nov 2001 to Joe Vernault because he thinks he was the dealer who sold Steve (Hey Captain) Bonner the book. I did not ask Joe to buy the book. I paid $1600 for this copy - Loss $625

AS #6 9.0 sold for $800 in April 2002, I had a cost of $1750 on this copy - loss $950,

AS #27 9.2 sold for $132.50 in July 2002, I had a cost of $750 into this book - loss $617.50

Total loss $1707.50 not including the grading/shipping costs back then.

I'm sure Stevie will defend his actions by claiming that he didn't know where he bought them from or that he wouldn't be refunded his money. Remember, A deal is a deal.

I bought a FF 50 raw from Steve Bonner off Ebay in 2004. Left him positive feedback for quick & secure shipping. Waited a while to submit it to CGC. Came back as 8.0 SP Restored (color touch front cover). Caveat emptor!

Did you contact him about it?

Steve (Hey Captain) Bonner still owes me $2500 for the restored he traded me.

When told the books were restored his infamous comments to me were "A deal is a deal". However, if I sold him the books I would be expected to return his money. .

If his books are graded then no he will not screw you.

If you are dealing with him on raw stuff you are on your own.

Am I missing something here? Whoever won the auction the poster linked to, left great feedback.

"A Deals a Deal F-"

He owes Bob Storms 2500.00,this is why we are down on him.

Steve (Hey Captain) Bonner still owes me $2500 for the restored he traded me.

When told the books were restored his infamous comments to me were "A deal is a deal". However, if I sold him the books I would be expected to return his money. .

If his books are graded then no he will not screw you.

If you are dealing with him on raw stuff you are on your own.

Am I missing something here? Whoever won the auction the poster linked to, left great feedback.

"A Deals a Deal F-"

He owes Bob Storms 2500.00,this is why we are down on him.

I understand that part, but did someone from the forum win the auction and purposely leave him that feedback? I'm not judging either way, I just didn't catch that through the posts. Maybe I don't read between the lines well enough.