• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Interesting. Raw sets are hitting as high as $200, yet they can be pieced together for well less than that. I noticed the same thing with a lot of the New 52 DC runs as well. I guess selling sets is the way to go?

Saga 1 9.8s are selling for $150+, so if there is a 9.8 candidate on there, its not surprising. Also, 1x shipping versus 6x shipping to do them each solo, PLUS trying to actually win all 6....that's a lot of shipping and assuming.

some people are willing to pay to get'er done, and they arent really off the mark by much. What will happen is, if there are ways of piecing it together cheaper as you say, they will sell out, or be re-priced.

Al that being said, post the links, are these actual sales, or BIN prices hoping for a sale?

Edited by CBT

Here are the Saga sets I came across from the past few days:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1st-print-set-8-BRIAN-K-VAUGHAN-FIONA-STAPLES-SOLD-OUT-/170969879417?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ce995379#ht_484wt_1428

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-1st-print-set-7-BRIAN-K-VAUGHAN-FIONA-STAPLES-iMAGE-COMIC-/360551969473?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53f29272c1#ht_2063wt_1191

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-Complete-Run-NM-All-1st-Prints-BRIAN-K-VAUGHAN-Unread-/300842501352?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460b9c44e8#ht_475wt_1428

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAGA-1-2-3-4-5-6-NM-1st-Prints-BRIAN-K-VAUGHAN-FIONA-STAPLES-CA-UK-SHIPPING-/261148965671?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3ccdb0fb27#ht_898wt_1428

Looks like as a seller, setting a BIN at $150+ is the way to go now for Saga.

As far as the DC New 52s, I put up one of my Batman #0-13 runs (after snagging a replacement set on the boards) at what I thought was a high price and had it taken with the BIN for $169.99 within 12 hours. The shocker was someone else taking my Action #1, 2, 4 & 5 lot for $19.99 on the first day it was listed.

Then again, that is nothing compared to this sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-Annual-1-1st-print-lot-SNYDER-new-52-Capullo-2-xtra-/121047719959?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c2f01a017&nma=true&si=7WgV8pPvuqp2Jw6VSGhicGEneuM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_1205wt_1161

My (worship) to the seller!

Edited by kimik

Interesting. Raw sets are hitting as high as $200, yet they can be pieced together for well less than that. I noticed the same thing with a lot of the New 52 DC runs as well. I guess selling sets is the way to go?

Saga 1 9.8s are selling for $150+, so if there is a 9.8 candidate on there, its not surprising. Also, 1x shipping versus 6x shipping to do them each solo, PLUS trying to actually win all 6....that's a lot of shipping and assuming.

some people are willing to pay to get'er done, and they arent really off the mark by much. What will happen is, if there are ways of piecing it together cheaper as you say, they will sell out, or be re-priced.

Al that being said, post the links, are these actual sales, or BIN prices hoping for a sale?

It's an interesting situation I've noticed on the Bay and the boards (or comics in general).

Usually, when a collector buys several comics from a single seller, the buyer wants/expects a discount. But if you are the seller putting together a run, shouldn't the buyer pay more for a set than individuals as they buyer now doesn't have to visit or buy from multiple locations?

Basically, everyone expects to get the best deal and sometimes the two never meet.

Oh gotcha

CGC 9.8 #1's $150

Raw sets 1-8 $200?

Yes, that's a little crazy.

I prefer to sell single graded books. Since I stick with only a few titles I do end up with runs that I will sell raw.

As for the earlier comments on pricing for boardies, a seller needs to be happy with the sales price. Otherwise it's starts feeling like a favour and eventually maybe looking for a favour in return.

I like it to be mutually beneficial. Eliminating eBay fees allows a buyer to get a deal while a seller still gets more in their pocket. Win-Win.

well i don't think anyone is selling a CGC set for $200. Still that seems way off for a 1-8 since #1 raws are around $50

Agreed, but check out those prices for raw lots I posted above. I am noticing the same thing with some New 52 DCs as well - sets fetching a premium for whatever reason. I had someone BIN my Batman 0-13 + Ann 1 for $170.