• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

you finish Y yet?

Almost exactly in the middle of book three (it's great, better than book two). I'll finish it in the next few days and move on to #4. Looking forward to Saga #9 (coming in the mail Friday)!!

Are you reading the TPB or deluxe?

Hardcovers...

What was the print run again on Saga #1 first print?

Wasn't it high enough to not justify these all of a sudden high prices?

I posted in another thread, 37K run for number one, latest month pulling about 47K, so 10K people currently buying saga that can't ever own a 1st print #1.

I posted in another thread, 37K run for number one, latest month pulling about 47K, so 10K people currently buying saga that can't ever own a 1st print #1.

No. You're not factoring in people who are buying more than one copy - likely a significant percentage of the collector base.

You're also assuming that everyone who buys a #1 will keep it forever - patently not the case.

No. You're not factoring in people who are buying more than one copy - likely a significant percentage of the collector base.

You're also assuming that everyone who buys a #1 will keep it forever - patently not the case.

While I appreciate your vote of confidence in my intelligence, I am aware of all the different ways the comic book can be divided out. My two main points are sound though:

1.) Current printing run is 10,000 higher than launch, very bullish for any comic book and not very common in the industry.

2.) There are 10,000 copies of number 8 that will never have a number 1 to go with them.

and for the record, people hording #1 just makes the gap bigger not smaller.

While I appreciate your vote of confidence in my intelligence, I am aware of all the different ways the comic book can be divided out. My two main points are sound though:

1.) Current printing run is 10,000 higher than launch, very bullish for any comic book and not very common in the industry.

2.) There are 10,000 copies of number 8 that will never have a number 1 to go with them.

and for the record, people hording #1 just makes the gap bigger not smaller.

Sounds like I offended you - sorry if that's the case, it wasn't intentional.

I agree with 1) and 2) - but I would argue that most of the multiple buyers are people who are buying to flip, not to hoard permanently. So maybe it doesn't reduce the gap that much.

no no, I am not offended, it's all good.

Yes, flipping definitely can distort the heck out of numbers. But even in flipping heavy books, by the time you are at 7 or 8, and a second arc, the speculation shouldnt be nearly as high as on the number 1. (obviously there are exceptions).

I dont think people are buying tons of copies of the latest books yet.

And 46.5K potential sets that will sadly never have an RRP. :cry:

The slabbed 9.8's of #8 are selling fast on ebay. Three of them since last night hm

I check everyday for a slabbed 9.8 of issue 8. I haven't seen one yet! I'd buy one now if I saw it.

Edited by carter3175

The slabbed 9.8's of #8 are selling fast on ebay. Three of them since last night hm

I check everyday for a slabbed 9.8 of issue 8. I haven't seen one yet! I'd buy one now if I saw it.

the second he posted that this morning, i went and bought the one that was on ebay lol.

the second he posted that this morning, i went and bought the one that was on ebay lol.

That F'in sucks, I've been checking every damn day to see if someone lists one. I'm too lazy to send my own in to get graded.