• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

No. You're not factoring in people who are buying more than one copy - likely a significant percentage of the collector base.

You're also assuming that everyone who buys a #1 will keep it forever - patently not the case.

While I appreciate your vote of confidence in my intelligence, I am aware of all the different ways the comic book can be divided out. My two main points are sound though:

1.) Current printing run is 10,000 higher than launch, very bullish for any comic book and not very common in the industry.

2.) There are 10,000 copies of number 8 that will never have a number 1 to go with them.

and for the record, people hording #1 just makes the gap bigger not smaller.

Sounds like I offended you - sorry if that's the case, it wasn't intentional.

I agree with 1) and 2) - but I would argue that most of the multiple buyers are people who are buying to flip, not to hoard permanently. So maybe it doesn't reduce the gap that much.

That's how CBT talks. Combative smart :)

I haven't seen these listings, but isn't it cheaper/easier to just subscribe with Dre?

For sure, and I have Saga pending with him, but I dont think 8 was pulled for me.

That's how CBT talks. Combative smart :)

yikes, not sure where that's coming from, but much love for everyone. My comment to him was just a verbose way of saying "i'm not THAT dumb", but it definitely came out stronger than I intended.

So, Balham, I apologize for that. ChiBamm, I think there was one time where you randomly sniped a comment at me and I might have sniped back, but I have no beef or desire to beef with anyone.

I just want to talk about comics :foryou:

Edited by CBT