• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I'm getting married in a few months and I still haven't told my fiance about my comic book collections.

:eek:

You better set parameters now or you will forever have your balls in her purse.

Get those comics in the prenup, that's my advice. :P

My Fiancee knows about my books, we are just building our house. Rather than make it a 3 bedroom (we plan on having two kids) we are making it a 4 bedroom...can you guess what goes in the 4th :D

dexter-kill-room.jpg

A dexter kill room?

Actually pretty much what it looks like right now...just started putting the plastic up for

the insulation prior to the drywall

I'm getting married in a few months and I still haven't told my fiance about my comic book collections.

:eek:

+1

(...Is that S at the end of "collection" anything to worry about?)

What you have to do is get your wife involved with your collecting.My wife comes with me to shows I give her a list of books I'm interested in and she tries to seek out the books.Many times I think a book is nice,she will show me spots on the book that are defects.I go with it and we do find a better copy,for more money.My comic room is my bedroom,every wall has OA or something related to comics.I have 5 shelf units filled with comics on the wall at the foot of my bed.What I'm trying to get at is,you have to set your parameters with your spouse in the beginning of your relationship.Do you think your wife would have comics and OA hanging all over your bedroom,mine loves it because I include her in my hobby. :devil:

^^

What you have to do is get your wife involved with your collecting.My wife comes with me to shows I give her a list of books I'm interested in and she tries to seek out the books.Many times I think a book is nice,she will show me spots on the book that are defects.I go with it and we do find a better copy,for more money.My comic room is my bedroom,every wall has OA or something related to comics.I have 5 shelf units filled with comics on the wall at the foot of my bed.What I'm trying to get at is,you have to set your parameters with your spouse in the beginning of your relationship.Do you think your wife would have comics and OA hanging all over your bedroom,mine loves it because I include her in my hobby. :devil:

^^

:acclaim:

If she loves you for you then she shouldnt care about your comics. My wife of six years now is the one that actually doesnt want me selling anything. EVER!! She is just as interested in how much they are worth as me.

Well, of course she cares how much they are worth.

my wife loves my collecting, she is the one that pushed me to buy my first "key" comics instead of just lower end stuff. That being said, she also likes stuff to stay within reason and be spread out. 2012 was definitely an overspending year, and 2013 is off on the same track.