• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man #678 Venom Edition - Advice

15 posts in this topic

I'm strongly considering buying it because the cover is so awesome and unique. My only concern is that the price might tank, so maybe I should wait.

I know there are certain Variants that have retained and even gained value over a sustained length of time, but aren't those usually more rare variants?

So simple question, should I wait this one out or go ahead and buy it?

Good lord wait a few months. You will pay the bleed price currently.

+ 1

I agree with the advice to wait but I've gone ahead & bit the bullet on things like the Coipel ASM 638 w/Stan Lee on the cover in the past. I don't personally see the appeal of this MJ Venom cover but to each his own. I am about a month further along in the 'waiting game experiment' (mine is the ASM 674 Pascal Ferry 1:50 Goblin variant)

Your issue is selling for up to $150 raw on ebay but I can't imagine it going any higher than that as a 1:50 & so far only one of these has been subbed; there will be 80 - 9.8's in two months.

I plan on waiting as well considering DCBS had this for $25 in their November listings. I don't recall seeing the cover before I submitted my order, but $25 seemed like a lot at the time. Oh well.

snap i was offered 2 at £25 each, so regret it now to make a few quid

I plan on waiting as well considering DCBS had this for $25 in their November listings. I don't recall seeing the cover before I submitted my order, but $25 seemed like a lot at the time. Oh well.

My LCS only charged me 10 dollars for mine. (thumbs u

+ 1

I'm glad that cover is on a modern and wasn't around when they did the cover-puzzle version of Marvel Value Stamps. :insane:

I loved the cover until I saw this part and decided that was a deal breaker, unless I can get it cheap.