• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan Con Orland Park IL Sunday March 4th

38 posts in this topic

Cool show, much bigger than I thought it would be! Good seeing you again Tim. Brad, thanks for your grading advice...I decided to pass on that MM 15 and wait for a slabbed I can afford.

Eggs, wish you were there. There were a ton of undergrounds that I don't know value on!

Had a good time, didn't buy much of anything but I was able to find a new home for the stuff I wanted took with me. Got to meet DR.X, klozd24seven and mschmidt. It looks like I missed meeting returner, maybe we'll bump into each other at C2E2.

This show could definately use a bigger building. It was good to see so many people at a small con. I hope more of these smaller shows start popping up now and then.

I ran into Schmidt, Brad, Pedigreeman, ARK, Returner, and LSComics. The floor really started to get crowded around noon, and that's about when I took off. I did pick up a few late number F.F.'s to fill in a few holes in the top of my run. And, I did take a few pics.

Snapped this one at the door going in.

dancon2012001.jpg

Went over and talked to Brad ( Klozd) and Pedigreeman. They were just getting set up.

dancon2012003.jpg

dancon2012002.jpg

Brad looked like he had a nice selection of books. Some of the other dealers alsos had some decent Silver-Age books.

Artist Alley had quite a few guests in there. I actually bought a few things in there. The first six issues of a title called Haunted Mansion. Lots of people were cramming into this hallway later on.

dancon2012005.jpg

dancon2012006.jpg

Caught schmit rummaging through some boxes a bit later.

dancon2012004.jpg

As you can see, it started to really get crowded on around noon.

dancon2012008.jpg

dancon2012009.jpg

My daughter was interested in this four issue set of books, so why not. Wish I could get her to start reading some main line stuff.

dancon2012010.jpg

dancon2012011.jpg

dancon2012012.jpg

dancon2012013.jpg

Got home about an hour ago.....I'm beat! :insane: Great seein all my boardie buds:

Razor, FatNinja, Dr.X, MSchmidt, Returner, Logan510 and his lovely wife Em :grin: . Nice to meet new ones: lscomics (thumbs u

A special shoutout goes to AlanFlenard(former Pedigreeman), for all of his help. From processing inventory to client service, setup and breakdown, Alan does it all! I just cant thank him enough (worship);) .

More on sales and an overall con report in a bit.....I need a fresh beer :headbang:

Forgot to ask the other boardies; did you know there was an artist's alley on the other side of the Con? I only happened upon it because I went to use the bathroom before leaving, and I saw a lot of people coming out of another convention room with art and sketches! Went in and got some cool stuff!

Forgot to ask the other boardies; did you know there was an artist's alley on the other side of the Con? I only happened upon it because I went to use the bathroom before leaving, and I saw a lot of people coming out of another convention room with art and sketches! Went in and got some cool stuff!

He is looking for a new place for next year, somewhere he can put everyone in one room. Problem is the place he had it at is really cheap, and he can keep the table prices low for dealers and creators. Plus he can keep the admission down at $2, which always helps.

If anyone has any ideas for that area, somewhere around I-55 let me know. Everyplace he has checked so far was double the price.

I'll be there so make sure you say hi.

I thought I recognized that biker jacket (even though we've never met). Turns out I also asked MSchmidt about some slabs and didn't even know it was him. lol

I was the nerd sporting an orange Wizard "staff" shirt from my volunteer days.

With no other commitments that day, I'm glad I took a ride. From a selection standpoint, I'd say mostly Broze & up, but enough Silver to make it worthwhile. Lots of 3/$1.00, $0.50/$1.00 boxes, but higher grade wall books were available at several dealers. I agree with the earlier statement about undergrounds (more than expected for a 'smaller' show). Besides books, the number of toys/action figures also stood out.

While I only knew of the show thru these Boards, I heard several dealers comment in the positive on the advertising. Sounds like it's moving in the right direction. (thumbs u

I missed that! doh!

I had no idea there was another room with artists. When I got my tickets, all the woman had to say was where the hot dogs were. :makepoint: How about a sign or something like an announcement that there was another section. B.S.

I missed that! doh!

I had no idea there was another room with artists. When I got my tickets, all the woman had to say was where the hot dogs were. :makepoint: How about a sign or something like an announcement that there was another section. B.S.

There was a sign by the door to the dealer room but I think it needed to be a little bigger. Ya can see the sign next to Amy in the pic. The PA system in this place sucks. I tell Dan to do something different next year. Sorry you missed the creator room, there was some sweet stuff down there.

65717_261346837279560_107133566034222_603934_1734744242_n.jpg