• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why isn't Secret Wars 8 worth more?

63 posts in this topic

Good question, maybe because people are confused....it came out after ASM 252/MTU 141, but chronologically it's set before them and so people just buy the 252/141 instead?

You just answered the question. Origins that come out later are rarely (if ever) worth as much as first appearances.

i remember back around 01-02 i bought my secret wars #8 cgc 9.9 for around $300 and there were only 2 i think in that grade and now there are a good bit of 9.9s and even a 10.0 i think. i do not understand why marvel age #12 that came out 2 months before amaz #252 is not the first app. because it shows the black coustume and the design of it but nobody ever mentions marvel age #12 and its not even listed in overstreet.

i remember back around 01-02 i bought my secret wars #8 cgc 9.9 for around $300 and there were only 2 i think in that grade and now there are a good bit of 9.9s and even a 10.0 i think. i do not understand why marvel age #12 that came out 2 months before amaz #252 is not the first app. because it shows the black coustume and the design of it but nobody ever mentions marvel age #12 and its not even listed in overstreet.

Isnt that the one that just had a sketch of a black costume with a red spider in the letters section or something? That wasnt part of a storyline or the comic. Maybe why its not mentioned.