• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Step by Step demo on Scan manipulation - Stage 1

57 posts in this topic

I got tired of waiting for Redhook's yard sale to end, so I took a crack at revamping the scan. Except that for my work, I didn't use Photoshop. I used Microsoft Paint, drank a fifth of gin, closed my "good" eye, didn't do the dishes or take out the trash first so that there would be some distracting nagging going on in the background, and I used my right hand (I'm left handed). Here's my results, just to show you how a real man can rework some scans. insane.gif

xmen1mod.jpg

Ha Ha. FFB..

Did you also draw in the inside cover that bleeds thru .. to the front?That is not present in Brads scans?

27_laughing.gif

you almost had me at.. a 5th of gin..

I'm telling ya -- Microsoft Paint is a POWERFUL image editing tool! insane.gif

Ha Ha. FFB..

Did you also draw in the inside cover that bleeds thru .. to the front?That is not present in Brads scans?

27_laughing.gif

you almost had me at.. a 5th of gin..

Heh, just a little of the old Irish humor, Brad. I am still looking forward to seeing what you can do with the ratty copy you're working on.

If you look closely, You'll see that I actually did edit the Pacific Coast X-Men #1 that I posted above. Upper left corner and lower left corner, very slightly. It was a 9.6, but now it's a 9.8 or 9.9. angel.gif

DAMN you're good FFB!

Look, I tried my best. I'm not in yo' league! sorry.gif

You're left handed? or was that part of the joke too?

I am left handed when I write or draw, but I use a right handed mouse. So it was only a partial joke. confused-smiley-013.gif

I used to be the same way acclaim.gif until my right hand was "damaged" from brain surgery and I'm still awaiting full dexirity to come back. In the meantime, I'm using my mouse on my left hand.

You're left handed? or was that part of the joke too?

I am left handed when I write or draw, but I use a right handed mouse. So it was only a partial joke. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hook, you do any other work on this? I want to see how this turned out.

He's been too busy running people off the boards! tongue.gif

stooges.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif He's out of town until later this afternoon. His daughter is graduating from 8th grade.

Hook, you do any other work on this? I want to see how this turned out.

He's been too busy running people off the boards! tongue.gif

stooges.gif

Yeah, but I'm gonna' start charging for the service now! 27_laughing.gif