• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers #1

28 posts in this topic

This one pretty much speaks for itself. No crazy defects for once, just a really beat up comic book. I'm not really planning on ever selling this, but I will probably be sending it to CGC anyway in order to better protect it and also partially for insurance purposes; it will be easier to get an estimated value on a collectable like this if I have proof of condition.

I am still slightly up in the air about sending it in because Stan Lee signed the inside front cover, so if I have it slabbed I won't be able to gaze upon that. But, anyway, here it is. I'm not really entirely clear on what delineates a 1.8 from a 2.0 or 2.5 or whatever, so I'm curious what you guys think.

One note: the staples are little loose, but they are completely attached, despite the way the top staple looks on the back cover.

SCAN0159.jpg

SCAN0160.jpg

treasures-AV1inside.jpg

Maybe a 2.5 during a meteor shower or on-site submission. :applause:

He said it didn't get a 2.0 :gossip::baiting:

Maybe a 2.5 during a meteor shower or on-site submission. :applause:

He said it didn't get a 2.0 :gossip::baiting:

I didn't read the whole thread. I'm filing a protest anyway.

Grades are in. Everybody guessed 2.0, including myself. However, it did not receive a 2.0. Anyone want to take a new guess at the actual grade?

then 1.8 because I don't see 2.5 but I can't wait for the shocking result.

I don't have the book in hand yet, but according to the CGC website, it received a...

..wait for it...

... 3.0.

I have no clue whatsoever how it got a 3.0. I honestly thought there was a good chance it would get a 1.8 due to extensive wrinkling on the front cover that you can't really see well in the scan. I would have been thrilled with a 2.5.

A 3.0 though? Totally dumbfounded.

I'll post a photo once it arrives in the mail.