• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ongoing and Upcoming titles that bring out the speculator in you

33 posts in this topic

I'm really excited about a number of new titles that are coming out in the next few months and I would like to hear what everyone else thinks about these titles and other titles they are waiting for. My list includes, but is probably not limited to:(1) Saga; (2) Secret; (3 Manhattan Projects, (4) Hell Yeah; (5) America's Got Powers; 6) the Legend of Luther Strode; (7) Dancer; (8) Epic Kill; (9) Mind the Gap; (10) Dominique Laveau: Voodoo Child and (11) Fairest.

As far as ongoing stuff that I think has potential to be a homerun or a grandslam, my money is on these titles: (1) Luther Strode; (2) No Place Like Home; (3) Fatale; (4) Alpha Girl; (5) Peter Panzerfaust; (6) Thief of Thieves; (7)Miles Morales; (8) RIPD; (9)Fables b/c of the release of Fairest; (10) 100 Bullets (if the TV show goes); (11) the Damned (if the Showtime tv series goes); (12) Powers (if the FX show goes; (13) Locke and Key (if the tv show goes); (14)valiant stuff that's going to be relaunched (up until XO hits the shelf and then we'll have to re-evaluate; (15) Spidey stuff related to the film (Death of Gwen Stacey, the first Ultimate Spiderman run; (16) Avengers movie related stuff; (17 Alias/Jessica Jones stuff, but only if the TV show goes; and last but not least (18) Bane broken bat, and catwoman stuff b/c Dark Knight Rises is going to be awesome. It sad but true, hollywood drives comic speculation, over payment by people who want to get back into comics but haven't figured out exactly what they are doing. Note that I have not and do not intend to invest in any of these stuff that has already been released becuase I haven't spent the time watching the trends like I would need to do before I was comfortable dropping a bunch of cash, but I would like to talk about these kinds of issues. In other words, I think we will all enjoy talking about what is going to heat up instead of what is heating up. Please share your opinions and thanks for reading my rantrant

Add black costume, Venom, Flash Thompson Venom and Kain to the list of Spidey stuff and I should have made reference to Walking Dead key issues 1, 19, etc. I think the retailer incentive HC is undervalued and that the sky is the limit for Chew if and only if the Showtime series is a go.

Add black costume, Venom, Flash Thompson Venom and Kain to the list of Spidey stuff and I should have made reference to Walking Dead key issues 1, 19, etc. I think the retailer incentive HC is undervalued and that the sky is the limit for Chew if and only if the Showtime series is a go.

It's looking like the list of duds is shorter than the list of hits. lol

Isn't this the same as your other threads?

Chew now has a director. ;)

It's looking like the list of duds is shorter than the list of hits. lol

Isn't this the same as your other threads?

Chew now has a director. ;)

Wasn't Stephen Hopkins attached to direct Chew since they announced it last year?

You tell me. Talking to Rob and John they are excited and said it's progressing.

As are we. Its a great concept for a TV show. Hopefully it gets the green light :wishluck:

You guys had better be very very careful critizing the OP. He doesn't care about your silly rulez and will do whatever he wants. He is a powerful lawyer and if you have a problem with him starting the same thread each week you are more than welcome to talk to his secretary. He posted all his contact info once already for the public so I am sure he would be happy to post it again, and again, and again while posting the same thread again, and again, and again.

Yes Hopkins name has been attached to direct since Showtime started throwing around the idea of developing this as a show.

For marketing we just recently got to see what is so far on the table for shows on Showtime that are to a point in development where they can realistically see release during the 2013 season. Per my lawyer I can only state the following, "a particular named show that you guys may or may not discuss on these boards was not a part of that list."

I can not go into anymore details per my lawyer because he stated I may then butthurt some folks on the interwebz.

I have to go folks, seems the FBI is at my door and they are here to get me for slamming the good name of those fine folks at PGX.

:ohnoez:

I'm looking forward to Mind the Gap as well. Depends on the story. Art looks great.

The satisfying thing about today's market is that a book generally has to be good to get hot and stay hot.

It looks great ... I wonder if we will get in another situation where people Order half as many of one cover as the other? I haven't looked at the order form but there is a seperate solicitation for cover A and cover B with cover A being the much better looking cover.

Add Supurbia from Boom and Alabaster: Wolves from Dark Horse to the list of new series.

Thanks! I forgot about Alabaster Wolves - haven't read the book, but I am looking forward to the comic. I wasn't aware of Supurbia, I hope it's not like desperate housewives. What have you heard about the title?