• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reading the New DC

133 posts in this topic

What about the new ones that are coming up as replacements. What are people expecting to be the best of the bunch?

Which books are going to be replaced and with what?

I haven't had a chance to read The Shade 1-6 yet, but I have it on good authority that it's pretty good. James Robinson writing, Cully Hamner and Darwyn Cooke art, Tony Harris covers....

Y'know. The Shade?

From Robinson and Harris' Starman, back in the 90's....

Anyone...?

Is that part of the new DC? I seem to have missed that title.

@ Comicopolis

I don't see a review of Frankenstein? Did you not read that one?

Oops - yes, read it but missed the review. Here it is.

Frankenstein:

An advertisement for mad science bound to go wrong - and with the Creature Commandos! Weird and wonderful in equal measure this book made me smile.

I'd initially intended dropping everything from my DC pull list and only taking up Swamp Thing and Animal Man.

Those two books have been exceptionally good but I've been quite surprised by a couple of others I picked up from Comixology.

All-Star Western has been brilliant. In general, I have no interest in Westerns but this has been a consistently entertaining read.

Deathstroke shouldn't be good (Bane and Arsenalherd will probably remember my shame at getting a couple of issues signed by Biz at LSCC on behalf of a friend). I actually took the time to read it on the train home and really enjoyed it. I'll be dropping it imminently as Leifeld has been announced as cover and interior artist.

Demon Knights has been just good enough to keep me coming back each month. I'll probably drop it after the first story arc finishes.

Everything else has been utter dross and has been subsequently erased from my iPad

Earth 2 & World's Finest coming soon. Both look promising

I heard the three Rob Liefeld DC New 52 books Grifter, Deathstroke And Hawkman are on the verge of getting the ax,so maybe there will be more Earth 2 books.

leave my Deathstroke alone

I just made a deal with a fella about a hour away from my place. for the new batman, red lantern and green lantern ( there all 1-6 issues) i worked out a price of a $100. just wondering if that is too much for them series?

thanks.

yes, too much...unless you're getting some b&w 1:200 variant or something out of the deal. figure in the gas if you're going to get them.

no variant's 1:200 in there. I wanted to read atleast the batman but there isn't any stores that have the #1 issue or so of them, and to get them shipped up from the states is crazy.

well seems a bit steep to me....the batman is certainly the best of the lot reading wise.

i never went throw with the deal, though i would get some advise from the pro's first.

i was doing some research and i can get 1-6 batman 52, 1-3 green lantern,Thief of Thieves #1, and saga #1 for $50 including shipping. ( does that sound more reasonable of a price?)

i'm sure i can find 4-6 green lantern @ the lcs, and probably find red lantern rather cheap (not sure if that is worth the read).

has anyone read "batman and robin 52"?

Action Comics #7: A pointless exercise in comic publishing.

All Star Western #7: A disappointing issue. JH is not really suited for the world of the costumed vigilante.

Animal Man #7: Another good read from one of the best new books being published.

Aquaman #7: This issue created a bit of controversy in the media because of the death of one of the characters – stupid academics just don’t realise that nobody ever really dies in a mainstream comics.

Bat Girl #7: I got bored very quickly reading this.

Batman #7: A modern classic in the making – tooth extraction at its most violent.

Batman & Robin #7: It took me a minute to read this drivel.

Batman the Dark Night #7: Terrible.

Batwing #7: It is difficult to know which is worse, the art or the writing – both suck.

Batwoman #7: Dull.

Birds of Prey #7: A great issue – worth it for the cut to the chase head slice alone.

Blackhawks #7: Haven’t they cancelled this yet?

Blue Beetle #7: An enjoyable read, even with the eating of the cats.

Captain Atom #7: An intriguing issue and a much better read than the previous 6.

Catwoman #7: Sex, violence, prostitution, the murder of women and more T&A than you’ll find in any GFT book. Don’t let your mother read this book. Or your kids. Or anybody.

DCU Presents #7: The Challengers go all Indiana Jones, but in a good way.

Deathstroke #7: Father and son violence always makes good entertainment.

Demon Knights #7: Magical.

Detective #7: Dullsville.

Frankenstein #7: Horrific, but in an entertaining way.

Green Arrow #7: Predictable.

Green Lantern #7: Illuminating.

Green Lantern Corps #7: Emotional.

Green Lantern New Guardians #78: Colourful

Grifter #7: An enjoyable super-hero romp with secret invasions and angry aliens.

Hawk & Dove #7: A half-decent story ruined by terrible art.

I Vampire #7: Fangtastic.

Justice League #7: A better read than the previous issues and a nice back-up Shazam story.

Justice League Dark #7: I’m enjoying this little get together of supernatural characters as a team.

Justice League International #7: Yawn.

Legion Lost #7: They should have stayed lost.

LSH: Too many characters.

Men of War #7: Two well written stories.

Mister Terrific #7: Boring.

Nightwing #7: Put me to sleep.

OMAC #7: It’s like a time warp back to the 70’s reading this.

Red Hood and the Outlaws #7: Criminal

Red Lanterns #7: Bloody, but unbound.

Resurrection Man #7: Mildly interesting.

Static Shock #7: Just plain dull.

Stormwatch #7: I miss the Authority.

Suicide Squad #7: Death is not the answer.

Superboy #7: Not super but interesting enough to keep me reading without falling asleep.

Supergirl #7: An enjoyable super hero romp.

Superman #7: Superfluous.

Swamp Thing #7: Green is good – very, very good.

Teen Titans #7: Teenage kicks.

The Flash #7: Intriguing.

The Fury of Firestorm #7: Hot hot heat.

The Savage Hawkman #7: Zombies versus birds.

Voodoo: I like this book – interesting characters and a good story.

Wonder Woman #7: The best was saved to last – this is an excellent book.