• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you bring your kids to CONs these days?

25 posts in this topic

My kids had the most fun walking around (in pairs) by themselves.

My oldest met Hayden Pannetiere and was thrilled.

My youngest met Jeff Smith and had her Bone graphic novel signed.

...stuff like that.

Before the age of 8 or 9 they had no patience to spend more than a few short hours at the con, so I suppose it's all going to depend on the expectations they have and you have.

If you're OK with a couple of hours at a show with young kids, they'll have a blast because there is a lot to see in a short period of time.

If it's going to be bin digging all day, they're probably not going to be excited about it as you are.

lol

My kids are repelled by the sights and smells.

That being said, they don't sell well at these venues either, so I stopped bringing them. :sorry:

Yep - she went unofficially to WonderCon and SDCC when wife was pregnant. We took PICS. Also, she's been to SDCC 3 years now. She turns 4 now. My wife is making a scrapbook of her adventures. SDCC is making it hard now w/ the way they process tix. Has been to Apple Con in NY once when she met Joe Simon and he gave her some great comments. RIP in Joe! She loves going to CONS, dressing up, seeing her action figures walking around in real life. It is Fantastic. She loves comics. Our new generation. :)

]Yep - she went unofficially to WonderCon and SDCC when wife was pregnant. We took PICS. Also, she's been to SDCC 3 years now. She turns 4 now. My wife is making a scrapbook of her adventures. SDCC is making it hard now w/ the way they process tix. Has been to Apple Con in NY once when she met Joe Simon and he gave her some great comments. RIP in Joe! She loves going to CONS, dressing up, seeing her action figures walking around in real life. It is Fantastic. She loves comics. Our new generation. :)

Last SDCC 2011. Vince from MC/CC took her flying.

1331401654-1.jpg1331401685.jpg1331401663.jpg