• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War books a-go-go.

595 posts in this topic

Hi all, back with more war books! We're going to be going through some nice Our Army at Wars books tonight, and back in a couple of days with a pretty stunning run of Our Fighting Forces... and Star Spangled War and All American Men of War if the sale starts off well!

Postal costs are now $12 for 1-2 books, $17 for 3-4 books, $25 for for 5-7 books, and for more, I'll quote beyond that. I pack these very safely, which elevates the shipping costs (And I'll refund back if the postage comes in lower.) For Europe, I'll get the shipping quoted for you. Paypal is preferred. All sales guaranteed.

Good luck and enjoy the show!

Before we get to the main event, a couple of Rock-themed books.

Showcase #45 CGC 7.0 Old Label. A killer copy of a key book. Origin of Sgt. Rock drawn by Kubert, with a classic Heath cover. This is a deslabbed book (in fact, the very first CGC book I ever bought!) Label list cream to offwhite, but these pages are offwhite for sure. Label also says slightly rusted staples, but it’s very slight. To me, it’s a solid VF. $80.00 SOLD!

showcase45.jpg

Sgt. Rock’s Prize Battle Tales 80 Page Giant FN/VF I love this book! 80 pages with total DC classic all over the place. This is a very nice copy, nothing serious to report. Light dust shadow on back cover. Offwhite to cream page. $35.00 SOLD!

battletales.jpg

Our Army at War #27 VG- Such a great cover! General overall wear. Long vertical crease down centre of front cover. Letter in pencil on front cover, and small-ish name scribbled out in pencil on back cover. Cream pages. $15.00 SOLD!

oaaw120-1.jpg

Our Army at War #28 GD/VG Another classic Grandenetti cover. Overall wear, with light creases on cover (visible in scan.) Light stain toward bottom of spine on front cover. Cream to offwhite pages. $15.00

oaaw28.jpg

Our Army at War #33 Apparent 6.5 CGC purple label. Offwhite to white pages. Moderate restoration on this book, but it’s beautifully done and the book looks killer. Deslabbed. Yes, it’s resto – bout you’re never going to find a copy of this book that looks THIS nice for just $25.00 SOLD!

oaaw290002.jpg

Our Army at War #12 VG- Nice copy, with light wear overall and some spots of colour fading at top right cover (visible in scan) Offwhite pages. $25.00

oaaw11.jpg

:takeit:

Our Army at War #40 FN+ This is just a great copy of a very, very tough book to find. One of Russ Heath’s earliest war covers for DC (possibly the first?) and what a cover it is. Just a total beauty - the scan does not do it justice!! Light cream to offwhite pages. $75.00 SOLD!

oaaw40-1.jpg

Showcase #45 CGC 7.0 Old Label. A killer copy of a key book. Origin of Sgt. Rock drawn by Kubert, with a classic Heath cover. This is a deslabbed book (in fact, the very first CGC book I ever bought!) Label list cream to offwhite, but these pages are offwhite for sure. Label also says slightly rusted staples, but it’s very slight. To me, it’s a solid VF. $80.00

showcase45.jpg

Showcase #45 CGC 7.0 Old Label. A killer copy of a key book. Origin of Sgt. Rock drawn by Kubert, with a classic Heath cover. This is a deslabbed book (in fact, the very first CGC book I ever bought!) Label list cream to offwhite, but these pages are offwhite for sure. Label also says slightly rusted staples, but it’s very slight. To me, it’s a solid VF. $80.00

showcase45.jpg