• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Dolt of the day

107 posts in this topic

I just had someone offer to buy my Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.8 SS double signed by Kirkman and Moore offline for $1300. It's bid up to $1276 with 4 days to go.

No harm in asking, but I almost think I should block someone so out of touch with reality. Block him or am I being too cautious?

Was he offering to give you 1300 plus shipping so you net 1300?

Isn't that sIgnificantly more that what you would net if you got 1300 thorough eBay after they get done with you and force you to accept PayPal?

It's not a drop dead swallow your gum it is so great offer but it's not an insult and perhaps he's thinking of the 10% or more you will lose selling through eBay.

(shrug)

I forgot.

He lives inside of a volcano with his band of imp-like minions who are all identical, miniature versions of himself.

How small are we talking here?

I just had someone offer to buy my Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.8 SS double signed by Kirkman and Moore offline for $1300. It's bid up to $1276 with 4 days to go.

No harm in asking, but I almost think I should block someone so out of touch with reality. Block him or am I being too cautious?

Isn't that sIgnificantly more that what you would net if you got 1300 thorough eBay after they get done with you and force you to accept PayPal?

It's not a drop dead swallow your gum it is so great offer but it's not an insult and perhaps he's thinking of the 10% or more you will lose selling through eBay.

(shrug)

I am assuming USAP thinks the book will end at much higher than the $1300 offer.

I wouldn't block anyone. Just tell him you are letting the auction play out.

(shrug)

I am assuming USAP thinks the book will end at much higher than the $1300 offer.

What I was getting at was that a 1300 net to seller offer is about 125 to 150 bucks better than it sits right now. That's probably what the guy making the offer was thinking. It's significantly more than 1276 through eBay. The seller will have to get something like 1450 or more to net that out with eBay and PayPal fees, right?

It's good to be optimistic as a seller. I would turn it down as well and let it ride. This isn't the same as the guy offering 100 for a $1000 book.

(shrug)

What I was getting at was that a 1300 net to seller offer is about 125 to 150 bucks better than it sits right now. That's probably what the guy making the offer was thinking. It's significantly more than 1276 through eBay. The seller will have to get something like 1450 or more to net that out with eBay and PayPal fees, right?

It's good to be optimistic as a seller. I would turn it down as well and let it ride. This isn't the same as the guy offering 100 for a $1000 book.

Sure, the $1300 offer is not that far from where it is now and with fees etc. It is right there and a reasonable offer based on where it is now.

Being that I play a psychologist on TV, I am assuming ( :ohnoez: ) that " someone so out of touch with reality" means USAP thinks his book will hit $2k or more.

Being that I play a crappy psychologist on these boards, I could be wrong.

(shrug)

He offered to PayPal me the money, which would net $1254.50

Here's the last for sales for completely unsigned 9.8 copies.

Mar-11-2012 $1,325 Cert# 0615615004

Mar-06-2012 $1,325 Cert# 1055026001

Mar-03-2012 $1,231 Cert# 1076028004

Feb-29-2012 $1,350 Cert# 1027899003

Mine is double signed. I wouldn't really call that optimism.

I forgot.

He lives inside of a volcano with his band of imp-like minions who are all identical, miniature versions of himself.

How small are we talking here?

Typing itty bitty minions into Google to find the appropriate picture to continue with this joke gave me some creepy and odd pictures.

I will just go with itty bitty minions.

At least the offer wasn't done in a condescending or belligerent manner. I'd do as others have said and let him know you want the auction to play out.

Thinking that a book you have at auction will close for more than where it currently sits is the definition of what I would call optimism. Even if it is a pretty safe assumption like your SS WD #1 is looking to be. Good luck!

I imagine the proceeds will be going towards the TMNT #1 you are hunting for. Especially, now being able to identify the the various prints through the slab via that little artifact on the cover, etc. That thread was awesome!

Thinking that a book you have at auction will close for more than where it currently sits is the definition of what I would call optimism. Even if it is a pretty safe assumption like your SS WD #1 is looking to be. Good luck!

I imagine the proceeds will be going towards the TMNT #1 you are hunting for. Especially, now knowing how to identify the the various prints through the slab via that little artifact on the cover, etc.

That thread was awesome!

Thanks, I already bought cyberjad's copy :)

Now I'm just :popcorn:

At least the offer wasn't done in a condescending or belligerent manner. I'd do as others have said and let him know you want the auction to play out.

Yeah, I checked his history and I didn't see any problems. I politely declined and offered for him to bid whatever he feels is fair.

(shrug)

He's offering you $1300 for a 7 year old funny book that someone has scribbled on and you find that so insluting you are thinking of blocking him?

I imagine the proceeds will be going towards the TMNT #1 you are hunting for. Especially, now knowing how to identify the the various prints through the slab via that little artifact on the cover, etc.

That thread was awesome!

Thanks, I already bought cyberjad's copy :)

Now I'm just :popcorn:

Congrats! :golfclap:

Go to McDonalds and tell them that your Big Mac is cold, or too hot, or too small, or whatever. You will get another, and complain about that "another" and you will get another if you want it.

I don't care who it is at Pepsi, Coke or MeDonalds. Security guard or fry cook. You will not be told to go fist yourself, and most certainly will not be told to kill yourself, unless it is a personal conflict, and not a business conflict.

Judging by your location I'm going to assume that Ohio is where everyone is tactful, respectful, and smile and apologize. They must also all be easy going and friendly. Outside of the utopia that is Ohio, this does not happen 100% of the time.

You can call it what you want. You can try to downplay it into a personal vs. business conflict. Ultimately a business can be run however someone wants to run it. Again, I'm not condoning telling anyone to kill themselves or using colorful language, but you can only take so much from a potential customer.

My mother in law likes to complain at restaurants. While they try to appease her, about 1/3 of the time they just ask her to leave and if she doesn't they will call the police. That's kind of like saying "go kill yourself", no?

I've seen plenty of shop owners put up with a little nonsense and then tell people to exit the premises. Obscenity doesn't help, but as I am in NY, "GTF out of my store" isn't uncommon.

I've seen plenty of shop owners put up with a little nonsense and then tell people to exit the premises. Obscenity doesn't help, but as I am in NY, "GTF out of my store" isn't uncommon.

Down south we take pride in our southern hospitality while handling these types of situations... which roughly equates to "keep it up pal and you will help me count how many shells are in my shotgun". :sumo:

(shrug)

He's offering you $1300 for a 7 year old funny book that someone has scribbled on and you find that so insluting you are thinking of blocking him?

Well that, and the fact that it's already almost $1300 with 4 days to go and as we all know most of the action takes place in the last ten seconds.

As far as it being 7 years old, I'm of the opinion that supply and demand drives prices. But if you think it's age I respect your right to have that opinion.

Edit: I already stated in another post that after checking his history I politely declined and welcomed him to bid.

*spam*

Elaborate.

Sales Propaganda And Musings

Sought Pressed Autographed Marketed

??

(shrug)

Lots of people post topics pertaining to their Ebay listings (sans a link) including the OP of this thread. Are they spamming as well?

It was pressed and CGC graded a long time ago with the intention of keeping it, and long before I even knew I was going to NYCC, let alone knowing who will be there. I had it signed, again, with the intention of keeping it. I only recently begrudgingly decided to sell it with the intent of changing my collecting focus.

It was first in a sales thread that received many pages of activity, which was then moved to the Sales and Avertising thread. Pretty much everyone has seen it already, and there would be no benefit in attempting to spam it in the General section.

Basically you're just trolling.