• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvey horror - investment or just awesome to own?

25 posts in this topic

I think what stymies upward mobility is the perception that there's "a lot" of high grade file copies out there.

I wonder how many per issue, a dozen, twenty, five? Is there any way to get an estimate?

Is $200 a lot to pay for an 8.5 or 9.0 of a common book? It seems about what they fetch on Heritage when slabbed, I haven't researched further yet.

Regarding quantities, I seem to recall this being discussed at some point on these boards... also the circumstances surrounding their ultimate sale to the public, the page quality issues, etc.. Try doing a search. My recollection is that on the pre-code file copies there were generally somewhere between 10-20 copies but I could be wrong about that.

I think $200 for an 8.5/9.0 "common cover" file copy is reasonable. I'd expect the more eye-catching covers to go for more.... in some cases a lot more (e.g., Tomb of Terror #15). The page quality issues tend to bring the grades down; that's why there really aren't a lot of them in 9.4 and 9.6 even though the exteriors look spectacular.

Awesome to own! 'Nuff said.

Here are a few of mine:

17-05-201183601PM.jpg

:headbang:

This is an outrageous cover, it's truly demented. I must own it.

GCD doesn't list an artist, though to my eyes it looks like other covers attributed to Al Avison.

That is one of my all-time favorite covers...

Here are a few of mine:

17-05-201183601PM.jpg

GCD doesn't list an artist, though to my eyes it looks like other covers attributed to Al Avison.

Notice too that I'm on the cover checking out the fissure into which the femme fatale is being lowered to make sure it's safe.

;)

Safety is a prime concern during these sacraficial rituals.

Here are a few of mine:

17-05-201183601PM.jpg

dansles oublieste ma belle!