• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happenned?

68 posts in this topic

It was going to start getting offensive. Once people start quoting religion, it leaves the door open for vicious mockery. People's beliefs are better left at home for discussion at the dinner table - not in a public forum. Mine included. I don't like public discussion of politics or religion.

What I learned from my grandmother is always talk weather or sports with strangers. Who walks up to strangers and talks politics or religion? :screwy:

My grandfather had a similar stance - he used to regard those topics as very personal and not openly discussed.

Your grandfather = a wise man. (thumbs u

It was going to start getting offensive. Once people start quoting religion, it leaves the door open for vicious mockery. People's beliefs are better left at home for discussion at the dinner table - not in a public forum. Mine included. I don't like public discussion of politics or religion.
^^

What I learned from my grandmother is always talk weather or sports with strangers.

This is tricky for those of us who don't watch sports and never go outside.

I agree with you. I am a practicing Christin, have studied the book for hours on end, been in discussions in bible classes, etc., I can talk on the subject for house on end, but I don't like speaking of it much in public because of the very same reasons that you say as you can wind up offending people more that convincing them. There are times and places for these things. I rather teach people by how I live.